Author Topic: Derek Prince Ministry  (Read 32802 times)

November 25, 2014, 04:35:32 PM
  • FK - Hero
  • 1 kor 9 : 16
Derek Prince Ministry

http://www.derekprince.com/Groups/1000089500/DPM/Resources/Daily_Devotional/Daily_Devotional.aspx

November 25 - Faith/Present - Hope/Future
In Hebrews 11, we find the definition of faith - the only word explicitly defined in the Bible. “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (Hebrews 11:1). Here, we see a relationship between faith and hope. Faith is here and now; hope is for the future. Faith is a material thing - something so real that it is called a substance. It is in our hearts. On the basis of faith, we can have a legitimate hope for the future. But hope that is not based on legitimate faith is just wishful thinking.

If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto…salvation.   (Romans 10:9–10)

In the New Testament, believe is a word of motion. It is not a static thing or an intellectual position. It is something in your heart that leads you to something new. Faith is a verb of motion: by faith we believe unto righteousness and salvation. You can have intellectual faith and never be changed. You can embrace all the doctrines of the Bible with your intellect but remain completely the same. But when you have faith in your heart, it leads to salvation.

Faith is in the present; hope is in the future. Biblical faith is in the heart; hope is in the mind. Paul spoke about both with an interesting picture: “But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation” (1 Thessalonians 5:8). Two items of armor are mentioned in this verse. Faith is a breastplate, which protects the heart, and hope is the helmet, which protects the head. Faith is in the heart; hope is in the mind.

prayerresponse

Thank You, Lord, that You are faithful - You give me hope. I proclaim that I am putting on faith, the breastplate that protects my heart, and hope, the helmet that protects my mind. I shall hold fast my confession without wavering. Amen.

This teaching was taken from audio message: Laying the Foundation, Vol. 1: Through Repentance to Faith
November 26, 2014, 04:55:17 AM
Reply #1
  • FK - Hero
http://www.derekprince.com/Groups/1000089500/DPM/Resources/Daily_Devotional/Daily_Devotional.aspx
Week 48 - Let us consider one another.
And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works.

todaysmessage

November 26 - Bringing Out the Best
And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.   (Hebrews 10:24–25)

We will now look at the eighth “Let us” step in Hebrews, found in the above passage. Some English translations say, “Let us consider how to stimulate one another.” But the order is reversed from the original Greek, which reads, “Let us consider one another, how to stimulate to love and good deeds.” This rendering brings out the essence of this week’s resolution to consider others. We should consider one another, always seeking to bring out the best in each other.

Many people today are shut up in prisons of self-centeredness. They are never truly happy; they never enjoy true peace. In fact, the more you worry and seek to please yourself, the more problems you have. One scriptural way to be released from that prison is to stop worrying about yourself all the time. Stop being concerned about yourself and start considering your fellow believers.

We are to follow Jesus’ example and live out Paul’s exhortation:

Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind let each of you regard one another as more important than himself; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.   (Philippians 2:3–7 NASB)

The opposite of considering one another is looking out for “your own personal interests.” Release comes through being more concerned about others than you are about yourself.

prayerresponse

Thank You, Lord, that You help me to love others. I proclaim that I am more concerned about others than I am about myself. I shall consider others. Amen.

This teaching was taken from audio message: Twelve Steps to a Good Year, Part 2
November 27, 2014, 05:24:24 AM
Reply #2
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage

November 27 - Emptying Ourselves
In Philippians 2, Paul said that we need to follow Jesus’ example. I always say that our attitudes determine our approaches, and our approaches determine the outcome. Here is the attitude we need to cultivate: “Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant” (Philippians 2:5–7 NASB). The Greek word translated “bond-servant” literally means “slave.” So, we see that Jesus, who was Lord of all, emptied Himself and was willing to become a bondservant, a slave. We must imitate His attitude.

Paul penned a beautiful, parallel passage in Galatians:

For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh [do not gratify your own fleshly, selfish desires], but through love serve one another. For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” (Galatians 5:13–14 NASB)

Looking outward at others is the way in which we free ourselves from indulging in our fleshly natures or yielding to selfishness. We are to serve one another in love. I believe that the Holy Spirit is emphasizing this loving, selfless attitude to God’s people today. Many people talk about serving the Lord but never serve their fellow believers. I do not know how much you can really serve the Lord if you are not willing to serve your fellow believers, because the Lord comes to us in the members of His body. Our attitude toward those members is really our attitude toward the Lord Himself.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, that You help me to love others. I proclaim that I serve my fellow believers as a way of serving the Lord. I shall consider others. Amen.

November 28, 2014, 05:08:55 AM
Reply #3
  • FK - Hero
todaysmessage

November 28 - Dethroning Ourselves
In connection with our being willing to serve others, I want to look at another passage from the apostle Paul - something that he wrote to the Corinthian Christians. By his background, Paul was a strict, observant, orthodox Jew. He was a Pharisee, and he had the qualifications to be a rabbi. His was the kind of righteousness that caused him to separate himself from other people, whom he regarded on a lower level or even despised.

But when he came to know Jesus, the most wonderful change took place in his nature. Bear in mind that the people of Corinth were basically the scum of the earth. In this epistle, Paul said that some of them had been homosexuals, some prostitutes, some drunkards, and some revilers. They were just not the best kind of people. Corinth was one of the major seaports of the ancient world, and, like many seaports, the city was filled with these sorts of people.

But let’s look at this astonishing statement of Paul: “For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bond-servants for Jesus’ sake” (2 Corinthians 4:5 NASB).

Here is this proud Pharisee saying, “We are your slaves for the sake of Jesus” - even to the likes of the people of Corinth!

Notice the three steps. First, dethrone self: “not…ourselves.” Second, enthrone Christ: “Christ Jesus as Lord.” Third, serve others: “[we are] your bond-servants for Jesus’ sake.” Those three steps are so important. By love, serve others. That’s the message: escape from self-centeredness.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, that You help me to love others. I proclaim that I dethrone myself, enthrone Christ, and serve others. I shall consider others. Amen.

November 29, 2014, 05:32:55 AM
Reply #4
  • FK - Hero
todaysmessage

November 29 - An Acquired Skill
Serving is a skill that we have to acquire. It is not something that just happens, and it is certainly not ours by nature. For example, a server in a restaurant is a person who, in a sense, is called to serve. But a server needs to be trained. I have a friend who used to be a server, and he once explained to me all that is involved in being a good server. Once I understood the training process, I realized that it does not just happen; serving is a skill we have to acquire. We have to study others to find out what produces a positive response, not a negative one. We are to study others to provoke them to love and good deeds, not to the opposite. Serving requires practice, training, and discipline.

Serving also requires the right environment. After saying, “Let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds” (Hebrews 10:24 NASB), the writer of Hebrews went on to say, “Not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more, as you see the day drawing near” (verse 25 NASB). We must learn to serve in the right environment, which is expressed in the words “our own assembling together.” It means close, committed, regular fellowship.

In the next verse, the writer presented the disastrous alternative. Immediately after he warned us not to forsake our own assembling together, he said, “For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain terrifying expectation of judgment” (verses 26–27 NASB). The implication is that if we do not stay in the right environment - if we are not in close, committed, regular fellowship - we will go back to sinning. The only safe way is to stay in fellowship, consider other people, and learn to serve them joyfully.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, that You help me to love others. I proclaim that I am staying in fellowship, learning to serve, and focusing on considering other people. I shall consider others. Amen.

November 30, 2014, 04:50:33 AM
Reply #5
  • FK - Hero

November 30 - Considering Jesus First
This eighth “Let us” passage says, in the original Greek, “Let us consider one another.” (See Hebrews 10:24.) But I would like to look back to Hebrews 3:1, where the same word, “consider,” is used. It reads, “Consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus.” If we consider Jesus, we will end up considering one another. But it is important that we do it in that order. We consider Jesus first; then, we consider one another. It makes a great deal of difference whether I relate to you as just a person or as a person in Christ.

My mind goes back to an incident that happened while I was the principal of a college that trained teachers in East Africa. For every vacancy that allowed us to accept one student, there were at least ten suitable applicants. One girl actually walked twenty-four miles barefoot just to get an interview. You can hardly conceive the desperate hunger people in Africa had for getting an education. Education was the key to success in life, as they saw it.

One day, an elderly mother came to me on behalf of her son, a prospective student. He was not exactly suitable for the school, however, and we had not accepted him. His mother was pestering me to the point that I was growing annoyed with her. In Africa, they do not believe in democracy; they believe in the chief, the strong man. He is the one who matters. This woman kept telling me, “You are the great one; what you say goes.” I got so irritated that I was about to give her a piece of my mind - and it was not my sanctified mind, either! That is when the Lord spoke to me, very gently, saying, Remember, she’s one of My children. Be careful how you treat her. I repented. She really was a dear, precious woman, and a child of God. If we consider Jesus first, it will make all the difference in how we consider one another.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, that You help me to love others. I proclaim that I consider Jesus first, allowing this perspective to affect how I consider others. I shall consider others. Amen.

This teaching was taken from audio message: God’s Last Word, Vol. 3: Hebrews 10:23–10:34
December 01, 2014, 05:25:39 AM
Reply #6
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage
December 1 - Provocation - The Right Kind
The King James Version of Hebrews 10:24 reads, “And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works.” This version uses the word provoke, a strong word that typically has a negative connotation. I think it was used deliberately in order to make us think. What do we usually provoke from other people? Anger or jealousy. But we are to provoke to “love and to good works.”

The Greek word translated “provoke” is the same word from which the English word paroxysm is derived. Do you know what a paroxysm is? It is an absolutely uncontrollable outburst of emotion, such as anger, or even laughter.

Although the word provoke often suggests something bad, in this context, it is turned to the good, for we are to provoke one another to love and good works. And let me just point out that there are certain people whom you’ll have to provoke if you want them to do the right thing. Moreover, you will have to consider how to provoke them.

This is one of my weaknesses. I don’t like having to consider people’s personalities. With a military background and a rather logical mind, it is sufficient for me just to tell the person to do something. But the Bible tells us to consider how to tell them, because if you want the right result from one person, you have to tell him in quite a different way from the way in which you might tell another person. Anybody who has children knows this is true - you cannot treat them all the same. You can scold one child and get the right result. But if you scold another child, you might just discourage or defeat him.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, that You help me to love others. I proclaim that I consider how to provoke others to love and good works. I shall consider others. Amen.

This teaching was taken from audio message: God’s Last Word, Vol. 3: Hebrews 10:23–10:34
December 02, 2014, 05:12:06 AM
Reply #7
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage
December 2 - Right Fellowship
There is one seemingly negative consequence of having fellowship with God and our fellow believers: we can no longer have the same sort of fellowship with unbelievers.

Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God.   (2 Corinthians 6:14–16 NASB)

The separation from unbelievers that Paul was speaking about is not primarily physical. We may find ourselves side-by-side with unbelievers every day - in our homes, in our workplaces, or in other activities of daily life. In such situations, our Christian testimony requires us to be friendly, courteous, and helpful. But we are not free to share with unbelievers that which is morally or spiritually impure or dishonoring to Christ. In this realm, we must follow Paul’s exhortation in 2 Corinthians 6:17: “Do not touch what is unclean.” If we are sensitive to the Holy Spirit, He will always warn us of these defiling contacts and show us how to protect ourselves from them.

However, the surest protection against wrong fellowship is right fellowship. As God’s children, we are heirs to innumerable joys and blessings of which the world knows nothing. In fact, Paul told us that our Father God “has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ” (Ephesians 1:3). As we regularly share these blessings with the rest of God’s family, we are no longer attracted by the tawdry, impure pleasures of a world that is walking in darkness.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, that You help me to love others. I proclaim that I have moved out of fellowship with darkness and into fellowship with God’s family, my brothers and sisters in Christ. I shall consider others. Amen.

This teaching was taken from New Wine article: “Your Walk with God”
December 03, 2014, 05:22:55 AM
Reply #8
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage
December 3 - Success in the Race
The ninth “Let us” step from the book of Hebrews is found in the first verse of chapter 12:

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surround-ing us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance, and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.   (Hebrews 12:1 NASB)

In English translations, there are two “let us” phrases in that one verse, which is a perfectly legitimate translation. But it just so happens that, in the original Greek, the first phrase, “let us…lay aside every encumbrance,” is not found in that form. Instead, it is a participle that reads like this: “Laying aside every encumbrance, let us run with endurance the race.” The real “let us” phrase in the above verse, on which we will need to focus, is “Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.”

Here and elsewhere in the New Testament, the Christian life is compared to a race. This analogy implies a specific course marked out before us in advance. Success in the Christian life consists in completing the course in accordance with the rules of the competition.

In light of the fact that we are confronted with this race that is set before us, we need to see that there are four requirements for successfully completing the race. Each one of these requirements is found in the New Testament: (1) the right mental attitude, (2) self-control, (3) endurance, and (4) having our eyes fixed on Jesus. If we will keep these requirements in mind, we can finish the race and keep the faith.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, for helping me to “press on.” I proclaim that I am maintaining the right mental attitude, practicing self-control, exhibiting endurance, and keeping my eyes on Jesus. By doing these things, I will finish the race and keep the faith. I shall run the race with endurance. Amen.

This teaching was taken from audio message: Twelve Steps to a Good Year, Part 3
December 04, 2014, 05:08:02 AM
Reply #9
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage
December 4 - The Right Mental Attitude
One essential requirement for running a successful race is having a right mental attitude. This truth was exemplified by the words of Paul as he spoke about his relationship to Jesus Christ: “That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead” (Philippians 3:10–11 NASB).

Paul had a specific objective. He did not run aimlessly. (See 1 Corinthians 9:26.) He had an aim before him. He knew what the goal was, which determined his mental attitude. He continued, “Not that I have already obtained it, or have already become perfect [complete], but I press on in order that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus” (verse 12 NASB). Paul’s vision was that Christ had laid hold of him for a purpose; fulfilling that purpose meant that he would have to relate to this purpose. He had to be determined that the purpose of Christ would become his purpose.

Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.   (verses 13–14 NASB)

The phrase “I press on” occurs twice, once in verse 12 and once in verse 14. That is the mental attitude we need to share with Paul: “I press on. I have a goal. I have not yet arrived, but I know where I’m headed.” The last time Paul used that phrase, he said, “I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” There is a reward for those who successfully complete the race. Always keep the goal in mind, for we do not want to lose our God-appointed reward.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, for helping me to “press on.” I proclaim that I am maintaining the proper mental attitude - keeping the goal in mind. I shall run the race with endurance. Amen.

This teaching was taken from audio message: Twelve Steps to a Good Year, Part 3

[X]
Shalom! Selamat datang di Komunitas Kristen Online!

Nampaknya anda belum login. Klik disini untuk login

Belum menjadi member? Klik disini untuk DAFTAR GRATIS (cuma 1 menit)