Author Topic: Derek Prince Ministry  (Read 32793 times)

December 05, 2014, 05:16:19 AM
Reply #10
  • FK - Hero
  • 1 kor 9 : 16
http://www.derekprince.com/Groups/1000089500/DPM/Resources/Daily_Devotional/Daily_Devotional.aspx

todaysmessage
December 5 - The Condition of Self-control
Another condition for a successful race is self-control, and this condition is illustrated by the words Paul used in 1 Corinthians 9:24–25 to compare living the Christian life to competing in an athletic contest. This is an excellent parallel, and one that is still vivid for us today, because we are so often spectators of athletic contests in person and on television. The same principle still applies.

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. (1 Corinthians 9:24 NASB)

That is the objective. Then, Paul went on to state the condition:

And everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath [the prize], but we an imperishable.   (verse 25 NASB)

If we are going to win the race, if we are going to win the prize, we must meet the condition of self-control. This truth is so obvious when we think in terms of athletics. Every athlete who succeeds as an athlete today has to exercise the most rigorous self-control. He has to go into training - controlling what he eats, how much sleep he gets, and the amount of exercise he has. He also has to control his psychology, building up the right kind of attitude. He cannot afford to give way to negative thoughts. He has to go into the competition with a positive attitude, believing he is going to achieve victory.

All this is equally true for us as Christians in our race. We can-not win the race without self-control.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, for helping me to “press on.” I proclaim that I am exercising self-control in all things in order to win the prize. I shall run the race with endurance. Amen.

This teaching was taken from audio message: Twelve Steps to a Good Year, Part 3
December 06, 2014, 05:15:23 AM
Reply #11
  • FK - Hero
http://www.derekprince.com/Groups/1000089500/DPM/Resources/Daily_Devotional/Daily_Devotional.aspx

todaysmessage
December 6 - Cultivating Endurance
This confession tells us that another condition for victory in this race is stated in Hebrews 12:1: “endurance.” It is one quality that is essential to our character, as Christians, if we are going to achieve real spiritual success and fulfillment. We must cultivate endurance.

What is the opposite of endurance? I think it is giving up, or quitting. Christians cannot afford to be quitters. When God commits us to something, we have to set our faces to fulfill it and go through with it. There is a close relationship between self-control and endurance. Without self-control, we will not achieve endurance. We must master our weaknesses; otherwise, every time we are tested in the area of endurance, some weakness - whether it is emotional, psycho-logical, or physical - will get us down, and we will give up at the very point where we should have been holding on and enduring.

Yet another condition for a successful race is to have our eyes fixed on Jesus. As is stated in Hebrews, “Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross” (Hebrews 12:2 NASB).

We have to look continually to Jesus. In other words, we cannot run the race in self-reliance. Looking to Jesus means that He is our example, and we put our confidence in Him. He is the author - the beginning of our faith. He is the perfecter - the One who will bring us through to victory.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, for helping me to “press on.” I proclaim that I do not give up, but fix my gaze on Jesus, the One who brings me through to victory. I shall run the race with endurance. Amen.

December 07, 2014, 05:02:50 AM
Reply #12
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage
December 7 - A Long, Deliberate Race
Where it says in Hebrews 12:1 to “lay aside every weight,” we must think in terms of this race. The runner empties his pockets and wears the lightest, most flexible clothing he can; he does not carry a single unnecessary ounce of weight. Some things that aren’t exactly sins still act as weights that can burden us and hold us back. They exhaust our strength or lure us into spending too much time and attention on them.

Remember, this is not a short sprint - it is a long, deliberate race. The primary characteristic that is required is endurance. Many people start off the Christian life as if it were a dash. A little while later, they are panting beside the track; they are finished, and they have hardly begun the race. Ecclesiastes 9:11 wisely points out, “The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong.”

The following is the testimony of a victor - the apostle Paul:

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.   (2 Timothy 4:7–8 NASB)

Paul knew that he had won the race. He had finished the course, and he knew that the prize was waiting for him. That is a glorious testimony. It can be the testimony of you and me, too, if we will only meet the conditions.

It isn’t speed or strength but endurance that counts.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, for helping me to “press on.” I proclaim that I “lay aside every weight” in preparation to finish a long, deliberate race. I shall run the race with endurance. Amen.

December 08, 2014, 05:01:48 AM
Reply #13
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage
December 8 - The Persevering Process
Let’s consider some simple principles that will help us to cultivate endurance, reading first what Paul wrote in Romans 5:1–2: “Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.” We rejoice because of what the future holds for us. Paul went on to say that we rejoice not only in the light of the future, but also in what the present offers: “And not only in that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope” (verses 3–4). Where verse 3 uses the word “glory,” the original Greek word means “to rejoice, boast, or exult.” We should exult in tribulation because of what tribulation does. The New American Standard Bible says, “Tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope.” Perseverance produces proven character in us. This is the heart of endurance - character that has stood the test. As Paul wrote, “Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us” (Romans 5:5).

Love is a matter of character. In essence, we are dealing with the formation of our characters. We rejoice in tribulation, for tribulation is the only thing that produces perseverance. And perseverance produces proven character. I know men with whom I have walked and shared hardship, opposition, misrepresentation, and misunderstanding. But today, for me, their character is proven; I know I can trust them. In the midst of treachery and lawlessness, I want to know whom I can trust.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, for helping me to “press on.” I proclaim that I rejoice in the tribulations that produce the character and hope I need to finish the race. I shall run the race with endurance. Amen.

This teaching was taken from Teaching Legacy Letter: Character That Stands the Test
December 09, 2014, 05:16:30 AM
Reply #14
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage
December 9 - Until the End
One of the consistent themes of Hebrews is the danger of going back on your profession of faith in Christ. There are five distinct passages in Hebrews that warn us of the danger of going back. These are some of the most solemn words in Scripture. Therefore, one of the key words that Hebrews emphasizes is this word that we are looking at: endurance.

And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience [endurance] inherit the promises. (Hebrews 6:11–12)

Faith and endurance. Some people will tell you that faith is all you need to claim God’s promise. But that is not true. You need faith and endurance. It takes both. As the author of Hebrews continued, “Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise” (Hebrews 10:35–36).

The word confidence means that you have freedom of speech. You can talk boldly about Jesus - about what He has done for you and what He is will do for you. You have done the will of God, but you have not yet received the promises. What do you need? Endurance. You need to hold out from the point where you did God’s will and claimed the promise to the point where you actually receive the promise. Some people do the will of God and claim the promise, but they don’t hold out. Then, they say that it didn’t work. But it will not work without endurance. You need faith and endurance.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, for helping me to “press on.” I proclaim that I endure to the end by faith, holding out to do God’s will and claiming the promises. I shall run the race with endurance. Amen.

This teaching was taken from Teaching Legacy Letter: Character That Stands the Test
December 10, 2014, 04:41:59 AM
Reply #15
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage
December 10 - Grace and Thanks
The tenth “Let us” step in the book of Hebrews is found near the end of chapter 12:

Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe; for our God is a consuming fire.   (Hebrews 12:28–29 NASB)

Where the version above says “Let us show gratitude,” the King James and New King James Versions say, “Let us have grace” - and it is important that we understand the connection between grace and thanks. The King James translation is a literal translation of the words - the phrase “to have grace” is commonly used in Greek to express the giving of thanks. This brings out the association between grace and thanks. This connection is also found in various modern Romance languages. In French, for instance, they say, “Grâce à Dieu,” which means “Thanks to God”; in Italian, it is “grazie,” and in Spanish, it is “gracias.” All are taken from the same word for grace.

It is easy to see this connection between grace and thanks. In light of this fact, I want to tell you that you cannot have the grace of God in your life unless you practice giving thanks. Grace and thanks go together. There is nothing more ungracious than an unthankful person, whereas a thankful person will always experience the grace of God.

God requires two things of us as His people. First of all, He requires that we appreciate what He does for us. Second, He requires that we express our appreciation. It is important to understand our need to express appreciation to God.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, for all You have done for me. I proclaim that I appreciate what the Lord does for me, and I express that appreciation freely. I shall show gratitude. Amen.

December 11, 2014, 05:15:28 AM
Reply #16
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage
December 11 - Stopping to Say “Thanks”
Some people are genuinely grateful to God but never take the time to tell God that they are. How would we feel if our children never thanked us for all that we’ve done for them? How would we feel if they never said “thank you” or showed their gratitude, if they just accepted everything we did for them as if it were by right, merely taking it for granted?

Unfortunately, that is how many of God’s children treat Him - and it is not pleasing in His sight. We are required to appreciate what God does for us and to take the time to express our appreciation. One of my favorite verses is in Proverbs: “In all your ways acknowledge Him [God], and He shall direct your paths” (Proverbs 3:6).

I have learned by experience that if I pause at every stage in life to acknowledge God, I can be confident that He will continue to direct my path. You might ask, “How can I acknowledge God?” The simplest and best way is to thank Him - say “Thank You” for all He has done and for His faithfulness. You will get immediate assurance that He is going to continue to be faithful. Just as He has helped and guided you in the past, He will guide you in the future. But the key to this assurance is acknowledging Him by our thanksgiving.

When I was in East Africa, I discovered that in the language of my adopted African daughter’s tribe, they had no word or phrase that meant “thank you.” Can you imagine not being able to say “thank you”? I then realized that it is only where the Bible has come that people have learned to say “thank you.” It is part of the grace of God.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, for all You have done for me. I proclaim that I will pause at every stage in life to acknowledge God by thanking Him. I shall show gratitude. Amen.

December 12, 2014, 04:51:35 AM
Reply #17
  • FK - Hero

prayerresponse
December 12 - The Appropriate Response
We need to look at the background of this exhortation to be thankful as we read it in the epistle to the Hebrews, where we find the following rather solemn warning. The writer made a parallel application from the Old Testament, when God spoke to the people of Israel through Moses:

See to it that you do not refuse Him who is speaking. For if those did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, much less shall we [believers in the New Testament] escape who turn away from Him who warns from heaven. And His voice shook the earth then, but now He has promised, saying, “Yet once more I will shake not only the earth, but also the heaven.” And this expression, “Yet once more,” denotes the removing of those things which can be shaken, as of created things, in order that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.   (Hebrews 12:25–27 NASB)

Thankfulness is the appropriate response to the particular privileges and benefits that we have in God. We are not dependent on a shakable kingdom. We have an eternal kingdom, an unshakable kingdom, the kingdom of God Himself, the kingdom that is “righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit” (Romans 14:17 NASB). In the midst of all that is being shaken around us - all the distress, uncertainty, perplexity, confusion, hatred, division, war, and fear - we have an unshakable kingdom. We have peace, security, and purpose. What is the appropriate response? There is only one: it is thankfulness. “Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude” (Hebrews 12:28); let us express our thanks to God.

todaysmessage
Thank You, Lord, for all You have done for me. I proclaim that since I “receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken,” I will be thankful and show gratitude. I shall show gratitude. Amen.

December 13, 2014, 05:39:48 AM
Reply #18
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage
December 13 - The Release Thanksgiving Brings
Thankfulness, or gratitude, is the appropriate response to what God has done - and is still doing - for us. It is something that we owe to God, something we need to pay. But the expression of our appreciation also does something in our own spirits that nothing else can do.

I express it in this way: Thankfulness releases our spirits for acceptable worship and service. That is why the writer of Hebrews said, “Let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe” (Hebrews 12:28 NASB). Without gratitude, our services to God will not be acceptable. It is that “attitude of gratitude” that makes our services acceptable and releases our spirits. An unthankful person is bound up in himself. He is self-centered. He really cannot know true liberation. But thankfulness releases our spirits.

In everything give thanks; for this [giving thanks] is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not quench the Spirit.   (1 Thessalonians 5:18–19 NASB)

That is a clear commandment: if we do not give thanks, we are being disobedient. We are also out of the will of God. In addition, failing to give thanks quenches the Spirit. The only release for the Spirit - to serve God acceptably - is through thanksgiving.

Then, notice the warning that concludes Hebrews 12: “For our God is a consuming fire” (verse 29). The writer was telling us, “We have to approach this holy, awe-inspiring God with the right attitude - with humble, thankful hearts.”

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, for all You have done for me. I proclaim that as I approach a holy, awe-inspiring God with a humble, thankful heart, that attitude releases my spirit for acceptable worship and service. I shall show gratitude. Amen.

December 14, 2014, 05:02:03 AM
Reply #19
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage
December 14 - The Necessity of Gratitude
Let’s take a look at the situation of the world in these last days. We know that a shaking is coming. (See Hebrews 12:26–27.) Now, look at the disintegration of character, morality, and standards. Paul said,

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God - having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. (2 Timothy 3:1–5 NIV)

This is a terrible list of the moral defects and character degeneration that are going to mark the close of this age. I would predict that, if you go over that list again, you will find that most of these character defects are already conspicuous in our contemporary culture. And, right there in the middle of the list, it says that people are “disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love.” Notice the association. The ungrateful are right next door to the unholy. You cannot be holy and remain ungrateful. Since our God is a consuming fire (see, for example, Hebrews 12:29), He requires that we serve Him with holiness, which is appropriate. We also have to serve Him with gratitude. We must come to Him with thankfulness.

Let us show gratitude so that we may serve Him acceptably, with reverence and godly fear. (See verse 28.)

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, for all You have done for me. I proclaim that since our God is a consuming fire, I serve Him with holiness and gratitude. I shall show gratitude. Amen.

[X]
Shalom! Selamat datang di Komunitas Kristen Online!

Nampaknya anda belum login. Klik disini untuk login

Belum menjadi member? Klik disini untuk DAFTAR GRATIS (cuma 1 menit)