Author Topic: Derek Prince Ministry  (Read 30080 times)

October 03, 2018, 05:59:43 AM
Reply #1310
  • FK - Hero
  • 1 kor 9 : 16
https://www.derekprinceindonesia.org/resources/daily-devotional/daily-devotional

October 03, God’s Restoration for His People

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/3d64e9b4-d99f-405e-a416-ca14047fe915/audio.mp3

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May they prosper who love you.”

The call to pray for Jerusalem is directed at everyone who accepts the Bible as God’s authoritative Word. God requires all of His people, from every nation and every background, to be concerned about the peace of one particular city: Jerusalem. There is a practical reason for this. God’s purpose for this age will climax in the establishment of His kingdom. Each time we pray the familiar words, “Thy kingdom come,” we are aligning ourselves with this purpose. (See, for example, Matthew 6:10 KJV.)

We must remember, however, that the prayer continues, “Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven” (verse 6:10 KJV). It is on earth that God’s kingdom is to be established. His kingdom is invisible as yet to human eyes, but it is not vague or amorphous. It will ultimately have a tangible, earthly realization. The capital and center of God’s kingdom on earth will be the city of Jerusalem. The administration of righteous government will go forth from Jerusalem to all nations on earth. In response, the gifts and worship of these nations will flow back to Jerusalem. Thus, the peace and prosperity of all nations depend on that of Jerusalem. Until Jerusalem enters into her peace, no nation on earth can know true, lasting peace.

To all who heed God’s call to love Jerusalem and pray for her peace, God gives a special, precious promise: “They shall prosper” (Psalm 122:6 KJV). The word translated “prosper” goes beyond the material realm. It denotes a deep, inner well-being, a freedom from care and anxiety. As we align ourselves with God’s plan by praying for Jerusalem, we experience a foretaste of His peace. A sense of inner rest and peace comes to those who, in the midst of all the turmoil of this world, associate themselves actively with God’s plans to restore His people.

Thank You, Lord, for the blessing You promise to those who love Israel. An inner peace comes to me as I pray for God’s purposes of restoration for His people. I pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May they prosper who love you.” Amen.

October 04, 2018, 05:18:52 AM
Reply #1311
  • FK - Hero
https://www.derekprinceindonesia.org/resources/daily-devotional/daily-devotional

October 04, Reminding the Lord

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/00b9fe9e-06fb-4259-9651-13d071561a88/audio.mp3

In Isaiah 62, God calls us to intense, persistent prayer, especially on behalf of Jerusalem:

I have posted watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; they will never be silent day or night. You who call on the Lord, give yourselves no rest, and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth.            (Isaiah 62:6–7 NIV)

In the New Testament, Jesus related the parable of the unjust judge, whom a widow kept beseeching incessantly. Jesus concluded with this question: “And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night?” (Luke 18:7 NIV). Both these passages indicate that some themes are so important and urgent that they demand our prayers not only in the daytime, but through the night hours, as well. The restoration of Jerusalem is one of these themes.

The prophet Isaiah also described these “watchmen” as those “who call on the Lord.” The literal Hebrew meaning of the word translated “call” is interesting. It means “those who remind the Lord.” In modern Hebrew, it is the word for a secretary. One important task of a secretary is reminding the employer of the appointments recorded on his calendar. This provides practical insight into the way God wants us to pray for Jerusalem. As His “intercessor-secretaries,” we have two main responsibilities: first, to be familiar with His prophetic calendar; second, to remind Him of the appointments recorded in it. One such appointment is God’s end-time commitment to restore Israel and to rebuild Jerusalem.

Thank You, Lord, for the blessing You promise to those who love Israel. I proclaim that I will remind the Lord “till He establishes Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth.” I pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May they prosper who love you.” Amen.

October 05, 2018, 05:16:56 AM
Reply #1312
  • FK - Hero

October 05, Speaking Comfort

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/910b8ca5-fe76-4c2d-80f0-d68beca007b9/audio.mp3

How do we align ourselves with God’s purpose for Israel? I want to suggest one simple way. In Isaiah 40:1–2, God said, “‘Comfort, yes, comfort My people!’ says your God. ‘Speak comfort to Jerusalem, and cry out to her, that her warfare is ended, that her iniquity is pardoned; for she has received from the Lord’s hand double for all her sins.’”

I have analyzed that verse, and where it says “comfort My people,” because of the immediate reference to Jerusalem, I understand it to mean the Jewish people. The Jewish people cannot be comforted apart from Jerusalem. Their hearts are totally bound up with the city of Jerusalem. So, if I am right, and “My people” is the Jewish people, to whom are these words spoken? They are spoken in the plural (in Hebrew) to somebody who would say, “Comfort My people.” They must be spoken to people who accept the God of the Bible and the authority of His Word. Who can that be? You and me. People like us, believing Christians. What does God say? “Comfort My people, Israel.” God requires us to comfort Israel.

I have been friends with a number of Jewish believers in Jesus, and one thing that they will point out to me is the fact that the church worldwide spends much more time criticizing Israel than comforting Israel. We were not called to criticize; rather, we have been commanded to comfort. Will you accept that responsibility?

I believe this comforting is one way of preparing the way of the Lord. Centuries of prejudice, alienation, and misunderstanding must be broken down. They must be melted away by the warmth of real Christian love. I believe that is our assignment at this time.

Thank You, Lord, for the blessing You promise to those who love Israel. I proclaim that I will comfort God’s people and speak comfort to Jerusalem. I pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May they prosper who love you.” Amen.

October 06, 2018, 05:37:52 AM
Reply #1313
  • FK - Hero

October 06, The Lord, Our Healer

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/3dbd384e-1af1-48af-a45c-1414301a08bc/audio.mp3

Right after God first redeemed Israel out of Egypt and the Israelites became His redeemed and covenant people, the first specific revelation of Himself that He gave them was that of healer. This attribute is stated in Exodus 15:26, where the Lord said to Israel, “For I, the Lord, am your healer” (NASB).

The phrase “your healer,” in modern Hebrew, means “your doctor.” The word used in Exodus 15:26 is precisely the same word as the modern Hebrew word for doctor. It has not changed its meaning in more than three thousand years of the history of the Hebrew language. The Lord said emphatically to Israel, “I am your doctor.”

Two things that do not change are the Lord’s name and the Lord’s covenant. The Lord’s position and function as the healer of His people is united with His name and His covenant. In other words, it never changes.

Many centuries later, when Jesus came to Israel as its Savior and Redeemer, thereby fulfilling the promises of the Messiah, He again manifested God as the healer of His people. The healing ministry of Jesus did not proceed from Himself—it did not initiate with Him—but it was the expression of God’s healing nature and God’s healing covenant with His people. The foundation of God’s provision of healing and health for His people is His Word, the Scriptures.

How important it is to see that God’s answer to our need is primarily in His Word! If we ignore His Word, then we really do not have any right to expect that He will meet our needs. But if we turn to His Word and seek Him through it, we will find that in His Word, He does meet all our needs—spiritual and physical.

Thank You, Lord, for the blessing You promise to those who love Israel. I proclaim that the Lord’s position and function as the Healer of His people is united with His name and His covenant. I pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May they prosper who love you.” Amen.

October 07, 2018, 04:31:54 AM
Reply #1314
  • FK - Hero

October 07, Peace and Prosperity

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/ae2cdb9d-02b5-46ab-a2e7-cec04f531042/audio.mp3

I pray daily for the peace of Jerusalem and Israel. I believe that when the Bible says, “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem” (Psalm 122:6), it also means that we are to pray for the peace of Christ’s body. We should be concerned not just about our own little area, but for the total needs of the body of Christ. We are not to judge other Christians; we are to pray for them.

Psalm 122:7 says, “Peace be within your walls, prosperity within your palaces.” I believe that this verse illustrates the divine order: when we have peace, we will have prosperity. When we are at war with one another—criticizing one another, turning against one another, and undermining one another—we will not know prosperity. First, peace; then, prosperity.

Verse 8 reads, “For the sake of my brethren and companions, I will now say, ‘Peace be within you.’”

I want to add one more basic principle. We need to escape from the tendency to be self-centered. Self-centeredness is the devil’s prison. The more the devil gets you centered in yourself, the more he has you at his mercy. I have dealt with hundreds of people in deliverance from evil spirits, and I have found one almost universal feature of people who need deliverance—they are self-centered. By deliberate effort and choice of our own wills, we must break loose from being self-centered.

What I love in verse 8 is the phrase, “For the sake of my brethren and companions.” It is not enough that things are going well for me. I need to be concerned about the needs of my brothers and companions—Christians from other backgrounds, other denominations, other prayer groups, and so forth.

Thank You, Lord, for the blessing You promise to those who love Israel. I proclaim, “Peace be within your walls, prosperity within your palaces.” I pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May they prosper who love you.” Amen.

October 08, 2018, 05:59:38 AM
Reply #1315
  • FK - Hero

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/bd7ec83d-b2cb-44d0-9ba0-160b244cd9aa/audio.mp3

October 08, God’s Command to Rest

Let us fear lest we fail to rest in Christ.

In Deuteronomy 28, we find a list of all the blessings and curses. The blessings begin with these words: “If you diligently obey [hearken to] the voice of the Lord your God,…all these blessings shall come upon you” (verses 1–2). The curses begin with these words: “If you do not obey the voice of the Lord your God,…all these curses will come upon you” (verse 15). They hinge on heeding or ignoring the voice of the Lord.

Obedience in worship is the appointed way to come into that attitude and relationship in which we really hear God’s voice. Or, to state it another way, we do not hear God’s voice unless we possess an attitude of worship. Then, in hearing God’s voice, we enter into His rest. Thus, worship is the way to rest. Only those who really know how to worship can really enjoy rest.

There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience. (Hebrews 4:9–11 NIV)

Scripture brings out the fact that because of disobedience, the people of God failed to enter into rest. I am not insisting we observe the Sabbath or make Sunday the Sabbath. I am just pointing out that we can miss the fact that God has commanded us to rest.

I have come to believe that if I am busy seven days a week, every week, I am not pleasing God. Moreover, I am sure to endanger my health with this degree of busyness. God is doing something in my heart about Sabbath rest. I believe He can do something in your heart, too, that will cause you naturally to keep His divine, eternal, unchanging laws.

Thank You, Lord, for the promise of entering Your rest. I proclaim that I “make every effort to enter that rest.” I shall fear lest I fail to rest in Christ. Amen.

October 09, 2018, 05:14:42 AM
Reply #1316
  • FK - Hero

October 09, An Attitude of Worship

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/9805c001-32a3-4b7b-9c46-7f744b079498/audio.mp3

We can consider these questions as we meditate on this call to enter God’s rest: Are we making the best use of our time? Do we really know what it means to rest? Are we capable of disciplining ourselves to stop doing things—even mentally? Can we ever lie down and stop thinking about what we ought to be doing?

God is more concerned with character than with achievements. Achievements are important only in the realm of time, but character is eternal. It determines what we will be throughout eternity.

Isaiah had a vision of heaven with glorious creatures and the throne of the Lord. (See Isaiah 6.) Worship was conducted in heaven by creatures called seraphim (Hebrew, seraph), a word that relates directly to the word for fire. These are fiery creatures close to the throne of God, and they cried out day and night, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord” (Isaiah 6:3). Each one had six wings, which they used impressively. With two wings, they covered their faces; with two other wings, they covered their feet; and, with the two remaining wings, they flew. (See verse 2.) I interpret covering the face and feet as the humility of worship; I interpret flying as acts of service.

I believe in the importance of thanking God and praising Him out loud—even dancing, clapping, and singing. But there comes a time when I will put my “wings” over my face and over my feet in humble worship and listen to hear what God says.

“Today, if you will hear His voice: do not harden your hearts” (Psalm 95:7–8). Develop an attitude of worship and learn to rest. Remember, the Spirit of the Lord is looking for a certain type of person—one whose heart is perfect toward God. Be that person of character, and God will show Himself strong on your behalf.

Thank You, Lord, for the promise of entering Your rest. I proclaim that I am developing an attitude of worship and am learning to rest. I shall fear lest I fail to rest in Christ. Amen.

October 10, 2018, 05:19:30 AM
Reply #1317
  • FK - Hero

October 10, Choosing to Worship and Rest

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/f9484204-075e-4ffb-abda-db1e45c2cb0f/audio.mp3

In Psalm 95:7, we are given two reasons that we should worship the Lord: “For he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care” (NIV). The first reason to worship God is because He is God—our God, the only being in the universe worthy of worship. We can praise other men and women, but we must not worship them. Worship is the most distinctive way for us to relate to God as God.

I am convinced that whatever we worship gains control of us. The more we worship it, the more like it we become—and the more it gains power over us. If we do not worship God, how much is He really our God?

The second reason that we should worship Him is that “we are the people of His pasture.” Worship is the way in which we recognize Him as our God, and it is the appropriate response to His care for us. This psalm ends with a solemn warning:

Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah….For forty years I was angry with that generation; I said, “They are a people whose hearts go astray, and they have not known my ways.” So I declared on oath in my anger, “They shall never enter my rest.”          (verses 7–8, 10–11 NIV)

This passage sets before us two options: entering into true worship or refusing to do so. In worship, we hear God’s voice. Upon hearing and obeying His voice, we enter into rest. The inescapable conclusion is the importance of hearing God’s voice. As we read in Jeremiah 7:23, “This is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God’” (NASB). This is one of the simplest statements of what God requires: “Obey My voice, and I will be your God.”

Thank You, Lord, for the promise of entering Your rest. I proclaim that I choose to enter into true worship, hear and obey Your voice, and enter into rest. I shall fear lest I fail to rest in Christ. Amen.

October 11, 2018, 05:08:28 AM
Reply #1318
  • FK - Hero

October 11, Walking in Proper Fear

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/3ac2e161-a2ab-423a-acf0-de10084c8f03/audio.mp3

The first “let us” statement in the book of Hebrews says, “Therefore…let us fear” (Hebrews 4:1). Does that statement surprise or offend you? Most Christians have no room for fear.

The people responsible for bringing me to the Lord were a fine Christian couple who lived in Yorkshire, England. When I visited them after World War II, they were not doing well—spiritually. The man believed that there was no room for fear in the Christian life. I pointed out that it depends on the kind of fear you are talking about. Psalm 19 says, “The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever” (verse 9). There is never an end to that kind of fear. This man had decided never to use medicine, a position that conveys a sense of arrogance. I linked it with his attitude that rejected fear of any kind. Tragically, he developed diabetes, and his leg had to be amputated. He could hardly get over the shock that his faith had not brought him healing. I think the real problem was a failure to understand that a certain kind of fear is very much a part of the Christian life. The words in Hebrews, “let us fear,” are addressed to Christian believers, not unbelievers. Bear in mind that there is always a possibility of not getting what God has appointed for us. The entire verse says, “Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.”

Every promise is two-sided. It offers you good, but if you fail to claim the promise, you are deprived of something. So much in the Christian life is the same way. The good is available, but there is always the possibility of missing it. I believe that we have to come with this attitude of fear if we are going to be able to enter into God’s rest.

Thank You, Lord, for the promise of entering Your rest. I proclaim that I come to God with the proper attitude of fear to enter into His rest. I shall fear lest I fail to rest in Christ. Amen.

October 12, 2018, 05:21:16 AM
Reply #1319
  • FK - Hero

October 12, Believing and Entering

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/6c187210-b12f-43df-bca3-2b6f512a2e9b/audio.mp3

For we who have believed do enter that rest [or are entering into the rest], as He has said [quoting from Psalm 95]: “So I swore in my wrath, ‘They shall not enter My rest;’” although [God’s] works were finished from the foundation of the world. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”  (Hebrews 4:3–5)

In that passage, “believed” is in the past tense; “enter” is in the present tense. Before we can enter into God’s rest, we must have already believed. We do not keep believing again; it is something that is done once. We have made the decision, and, on that basis, we can proceed to enter into rest. Those who must continually decide to believe anew do not qualify to enter into the rest. Only we who have believed enter into rest.

Following up on this theme of rest, let’s turn to the Old Testament for a moment. Genesis 2:2 reads, “And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.” God’s rest is a ceasing from all the work He did. I believe that God did not rest because He was tired. Instead, He took pleasure in relaxation. He sat back, looked at everything He had made, and took time to enjoy it.

How many of us ever take the time to enjoy the things that we have done or made? Today, by the time they have done something, most people are busy starting the next thing. The pattern that God established, though, is taking time to enjoy whatever you do after you have finished it. Whatever it may be that you have done, it is godly to relax and enjoy it. In fact, the ability to relax is a divine ability.

Thank You, Lord, for the promise of entering Your rest. I proclaim that one of the pleasures God wants to share is His rest—He wants me to enter into the rest that He entered. So, I shall fear lest I fail to rest in Christ. Amen.

[X]
Shalom! Selamat datang di Komunitas Kristen Online!

Nampaknya anda belum login. Klik disini untuk login

Belum menjadi member? Klik disini untuk DAFTAR GRATIS (cuma 1 menit)