Author Topic: Derek Prince Ministry  (Read 41139 times)

October 13, 2018, 05:15:07 AM
Reply #1320
  • FK - Hero
  • 1 kor 9 : 16
https://www.derekprinceindonesia.org/resources/daily-devotional/daily-devotional

October 13, Enjoying Creation

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/2829230b-6a1f-4464-a525-c431356f4a58/audio.mp3

Let us fear lest we fail to rest in Christ.

We talk about tithing—what God demands of our resources—but what about God’s demands on our time? From the Israelites, God demanded one day out of seven—a higher proportion than that which He demanded of their material possessions. How many people in the church today really give God one day out of seven? That is one reason that there are so many nervous breakdowns—there are frustrated, frantic, busy people who never get the job done.

God was the first One who rested. He worked, then rested. A Palestinian Arab friend of mine who owns many restaurants says, “God did not work because He had a family to support. And God did not rest because He was tired. It was on a much higher level than that. God worked because He is a Creator.” God rested, I believe, because He wanted to enjoy what He had created. If we never take time to enjoy what we have created, we are in a miserable condition.

Which takes more faith: to work or to rest? Israel failed to enter into rest because of unbelief. Why can a Christian not rest? Also because of unbelief. That is the diagnosis of the problem.

Relaxation comes in knowing that God initiated it. My wife and I used to go away on “vacation.” But vacation means you have nothing to do—it is taken from the word vacant. Sometimes, though, it is good to have nothing to do. But my wife and I felt that vacation was the wrong word to use. Instead, we called these periods holidays, which means “holy day.” God showed us that it is a sin to never take a holiday. In Israel’s calendar, as God ordained it, many holidays were required. There were no options. They are God-ordained holidays—not because someone wants to be lazy, but because God has said to take a holiday.

Thank You, Lord, for the promise of entering Your rest. I proclaim that God rested to enjoy what He created, and I will do the same. I shall fear lest I fail to rest in Christ. Amen.

October 15, 2018, 05:48:54 AM
Reply #1321
  • FK - Hero
https://www.derekprinceindonesia.org/resources/daily-devotional/daily-devotional

October 15, The Importance of Diligence

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/032765be-f10f-4549-a26c-35f6723019b1/audio.mp3

Let us be diligent.

Diligence is the second “let us” resolution that occurs in the fourth chapter of Hebrews: “Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall through following the same example of disobedience” (Hebrews 4:11 NASB).

I pointed out previously that this warning is based on the experience of the Israelites on their journey from Egypt through the wilderness. Most of them did not make it through to the Promised Land—the destination and rest that God had promised them—because of their misconduct and wrong attitudes. And they fell in the wilderness. Scripture says that their carcasses fell in the wilderness because of unbelief and disobedience. (See Numbers 14:29, 32.) And through unbelief and disobedience, they failed to hear the voice of the Lord. They had the externals, but they did not have the great essential, inner reality of all true religion—hearing the voice of the Lord.

So, that was the mistake of Israel—a tragic mistake. After saying, “Let us fear” (Hebrews 4:1), the writer of Hebrews went on—still on the basis of the example of Israel—to say, “Let us be diligent.” I believe that is very natural. If we really take to heart the dangers of that spiritual condition and do fear, in that sense, the next thing we will naturally do is become diligent.

Let’s consider for a moment what diligence is. One way to find out the meaning of a word is to consider what its opposite is. An obvious opposite of diligence is laziness. The Bible does not have one good word to say about laziness. It is a theme that does not receive enough attention in contemporary Christendom.

Thank You, Lord, for the promise of entering Your rest. I proclaim that the essential, inner reality of all true religion is hearing the voice of the Lord. I shall be diligent. Amen.

October 16, 2018, 05:23:20 AM
Reply #1322
  • FK - Hero

October 16, Growing and Progressing

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/1733f529-7587-4194-9c68-17aa6f23aba4/audio.mp3

Let us be diligent.

Continuing with the theme of diligence, let’s consider what the writer of Hebrews said a little further on: “We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure. We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised” (Hebrews 6:11–12 NIV). We not only need to be diligent, but we also need to be diligent to the very end. The opposite of diligence is stated there in plain words: “to become lazy.” Not physically lazy, but spiritually lazy.

For this very reason, make every effort [“giv[e] all diligence” NKJV] to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.      (2 Peter 1:5–7 NIV)

The Christian life is not static. It is a life of adding, growth, and progress. To be static in the Christian life is to backslide. To do that adding, as described in the passage above, requires diligence. It requires making every effort. Peter then went on with an if:

For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.        (verses 8–9 NIV)

Would you believe that it is possible for somebody to be cleansed from his past sins and then forget that it even happened? It sounds unrealistic, but Scripture indicates that it is possible.

Thank You, Lord, for the promise of entering Your rest. I proclaim my need to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised. I shall be diligent. Amen.

October 17, 2018, 05:21:16 AM
Reply #1323
  • FK - Hero

October 17, Overcoming Laziness

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/157b0287-bcca-4510-a922-152871f9d1ff/audio.mp3

Let us be diligent.

In 2 Peter 1:8–9, Peter set before us an alternative; we have two options. One is to be effective and productive in our knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. The other is to be ineffective and unproductive through a condition that he described as being “nearsighted and blind” (verse 9 NIV). Those are strong words. In light of this condition, Peter continued with a therefore. This therefore relates to the warning that Peter had given:

Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.         (2 Peter 1:10–11 NIV)

That is good news. There are things we can do that will guarantee we never fall, and also that we will have a rich welcome into the kingdom of our Lord.

Basically, the condition about which we are warned is laziness. I am deeply troubled by the lack of concern in Christian circles about laziness. The majority of Christians view drunkenness with horror. They would reject any person who professed to being a Christian if he were drunk. While I agree that drunkenness is a sin, and while I certainly don’t condone it, I believe that laziness is much more severely condemned in the Scripture than drunkenness. The problem is that many Christians who would never be found drunk are habitually lazy. So, let’s heed that warning to be diligent.

Thank You, Lord, for the promise of entering Your rest. I proclaim that I will combat laziness, being “all the more eager to make my calling and election sure.” I shall be diligent. Amen.

October 18, 2018, 05:11:59 AM
Reply #1324
  • FK - Hero

October 18, Adding Personal Diligence

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/c24c5d35-c597-4da8-a598-574f612fb6d2/audio.mp3

Let us be diligent.

Two beautiful verses in Proverbs have long been a guiding light to me. Together, they sum up the conditions for true riches, or enduring wealth. One condition, the Lord meets; the other, we meet. Both conditions must be fulfilled in order for us to attain the result. The condition the Lord meets is stated in Proverbs 10:22: “It is the blessing of the Lord that makes rich, and He adds no sorrow to it” (NASB).

The great, primary condition for true riches—spiritual and otherwise—is the blessing of the Lord. We cannot count on anything being really good apart from the blessing of the Lord. On the other hand, the blessing of the Lord, by itself, is not sufficient. In Proverbs 10:4, we read, “Poor is he who works with a negligent hand, but the hand of the diligent makes rich” (NASB). It takes the Lord’s blessing plus our own diligence to attain to true wealth. It is not enough to simply expect the blessing of the Lord, or even to receive the blessing of the Lord. It will not accomplish its purpose in your life unless you add to it your own personal diligence. Remember, diligence is the opposite of laziness.

That is a verse I have proved true in my own experience through decades of Christian living. I have been in many different situations, in many different forms of ministry, and in many different lands and continents, and I think I can say that, by the grace of God, I have always displayed diligence in things great and small. In every situation with which I have been involved, I have left it in better condition—spiritually, financially, and in every obvious way—than the condition it was in when I found it. The blessing of the Lord makes rich, but also the hand of the diligent makes rich. Add those two together and you have true spiritual riches.

Thank You, Lord, for the promise of entering Your rest. I proclaim that “the blessing of the Lord makes rich,” and “the hand of the diligent makes rich.” I shall be diligent. Amen.

October 19, 2018, 06:02:03 AM
Reply #1325
  • FK - Hero

October 19, Fulfillment of God’s Promises

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/cc6d8bde-4ae8-4dd3-83a0-c932e80506ae/audio.mp3

Let us be diligent.

Most of God’s promises are conditional. In other words, when God makes a promise, He says, “If you will do this, then I will do that.” We have no right to claim the promise unless we first meet the condition He puts forth.

We need to see that the fulfillment of God’s promises does not depend upon our circumstances, but upon our fulfilling God’s conditions. We must keep our eyes on the conditions, making sure that we fulfill them instead of being influenced by the circumstances that might prevent us from doing so.

Let’s look at the example of Abraham. God had promised Abraham a son who was to be his heir, but he reached the age of ninety-nine, and still no heir had come. (On his own, he produced Ishmael, but he was not to be the heir.) Why did God allow Abraham to reach such an old age before He fulfilled His promise? Why does God often allow us to come to a position of seeming impossibility before He fulfills the promises we are claiming?

First, we are emptied of excessive self-confidence. We realize that if something is going to be done, God will be the only one who can do it. Abraham’s own body was worthless in terms of procreation, as was the womb of his wife. There was no natural way that the promise could be fulfilled. Abraham had to focus his eyes exclusively on God, the only one capable of fulfilling the promise.

Second, when the promise is finally fulfilled, all the glory goes to God. Remember, the purpose of the promises is that God may be glorified. When there is a possibility of us doing something on our own, we might be tempted to take the credit. But when we come to the place where we know we cannot do it by our own effort, we are exhausted of self-confidence, and all the glory truly goes to God.

Thank You, Lord, for the promise of entering Your rest. I proclaim that the purpose of the promises is that God may be glorified. I shall be diligent. Amen.

October 20, 2018, 07:01:58 AM
Reply #1326
  • FK - Hero

October 20, Cultivating Diligence

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/efb1b9d0-f213-4c53-a672-24e4ddd5599b/audio.mp3

Let us be diligent.

Diligence is a fruit that has to be cultivated. Here are some brief directions about how it should be cultivated.

In 2 Timothy 2:6, Paul said, “The hard-working farmer must be first to partake of the crops [produce, fruit].” Here, Paul was bringing out a simple, basic fact: cultivating crops takes hard work. It is not done without effort. That fact is equally true of the fruit of the Spirit—to cultivate it requires hard work. I want to suggest two ways in which we can cultivate spiritual fruit in our lives.

First, we need to study God’s Word, for it is the basis of all God’s provision for us. If we are not familiar with His Word, we almost inevitably forgo many of His provisions. Again, Paul wrote to Timothy, “Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15). In order to divide, or handle, the word of truth—Scripture, the Word of God—accurately, we must be workers. In a certain sense, we have to roll up our sleeves and get to work.

The second direction we must follow is to spend time in prayer. By prayer, I don’t mean merely talking to God, but listening—something that is just as important, if not more so, than talking to Him. Here, again, Jesus provided us with the perfect pattern. The whole basis of Jesus’ earthly ministry was His relationship with His Father. In order to cultivate and maintain that relationship, Jesus took plenty of time in prayer. Very often, it was early in the morning. It was there that He heard the Father’s voice and received direction for His ministry.

Thank You, Lord, for the promise of entering Your rest. I proclaim that I will cultivate diligence in my life by studying God’s Word and spending time in prayer. I shall be diligent. Amen.

October 21, 2018, 12:05:47 PM
Reply #1327
  • FK - Hero

October 21, The Fruit of Diligence

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/9ab33f58-dda5-4492-beca-72cc6edefa03/audio.mp3

Let us be diligent.

The fruit of diligence may be produced by cultivating fellowship. We must not try to lead the Christian life on our own. Scripture says that we are all members of one body, and we all need one another. (See, for example, Romans 12:4–5.) I often think of David going out to meet Goliath, taking just five smooth stones from the brook as weapons. Why did those stones have to be smooth? They would not have been accurate missiles if they had not been smooth, and inaccuracy might have cost David his life. The stones were smooth because they had been lying in the brook, where water had been passing over them regularly. They had been jostled against one another, and this action rubbed away their sharp edges.

I believe that when the Lord Jesus Christ wants to find Christians He can use, He goes to the brook, where the pure water of God’s Word has been flowing over them, washing them, rounding them off. There, they have been in fellowship with one another, rubbing away the rough edges. Cultivating fellowship will make us into smooth stones.

My last recommendation is to submit to discipline. Fruit does not come in a person’s life without discipline. I have two main forms of discipline in mind. First, self-discipline—the way in which we organize our lives. This discipline includes even the simplest of things, such as when we get up in the morning, what we eat, what we wear, and personal cleanliness. Managing all these details is essential to cultivating fruit. Beyond that, I believe every Christian in normal situations should be subject to church discipline. He should be a member of a church, under the authority of the church leaders and subject to their discipline.

Thank You, Lord, for the promise of entering Your rest. I proclaim that the fruit of diligence comes by fellowship and discipline, and I welcome both. I shall be diligent. Amen.

October 22, 2018, 05:41:44 AM
Reply #1328
  • FK - Hero

October 22, The High Priest of Our Confession

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/5008a0b9-8580-4edc-8f2e-e479aeb8d9fe/audio.mp3

Let us hold fast our confession.

Jesus’ position as High Priest relates to our confession. Let’s look at three passages from the book of Hebrews. First, Hebrews 3:1 reads, “Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus.” Jesus was the Apostle sent out by God to provide redemption. Having provided redemption, He returned to God to be our High Priest in the presence of God. He is the High Priest of our confession. That idea is radical: No confession, no High Priest. If we close our lips on earth, we silence our Advocate in heaven. The more we confess, the more we release His high priestly ministry on our behalf.

Next, we’ll read Hebrews 4:14: “Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.” To hold fast means to say something, then keep on saying it. Don’t back off. Don’t get discouraged.

Finally, “Having a High Priest over the house of God,…let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful” (Hebrews 10:21, 23). Notice the change there. It is not “the confession of our faith” but “the confession of our hope.” If we confess faith long enough, it becomes hope. “Faith is the substance of things hoped for” (Hebrews 11:1). When we have built a substance of faith, then hope comes. My definition of biblical hope is “a confident expectation of good.” But we must hold fast the profession or confession without wavering. Why does it say “without wavering”? Let me illustrate with the following image. When you are traveling in an airplane and the Fasten Seat Belt sign goes on, it tells you to expect turbulence. In the same way, “without wavering” tells you to expect opposition. The battle is fought and won when we maintain our confession.

Thank You, Jesus, that You are the High Priest of our confession. I proclaim that Jesus is my Advocate in heaven, in the presence of God, and I hold fast that confession without wavering. I shall hold fast my confession. Amen.

October 23, 2018, 06:43:29 AM
Reply #1329
  • FK - Hero

October 23, Making the Right Confession

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/2dc13aa3-d54d-47f7-aa57-98290f6edd1a/audio.mp3

Let us hold fast our confession.

I can illustrate “confession” from a book entitled Fear No Evil, written by Natan Sharansky, a Jewish refusenik. Sharansky was not a Christian, but even so, the KGB (Soviet secret police) arrested him and put him through nine years of misery. As I read his story, I saw in the KGB the most vivid demonstration of Satan and his tactics. In Natan Sharansky, I recognized the way to win. He was a highly qualified chess player, and he decided to deal with the KGB as he would with a chess opponent: by staying one move ahead.

Though he did not have a faith in a personal God, he did have a concept of God through his Jewish roots. Many Jewish prayers begin with “O Lord, our God, king of the universe.” In teaching himself Hebrew, he decided to write out a prayer that he could repeat whenever needed. It was a petition for God to be with him, protect his family, and bring him to Israel. Whenever he was under pressure—for instance, awaiting interrogation—he would repeat the prayer several times. He said that prayer about ten times a day for nine years—that amounts to more than thirty thousand times! How many Christians would go on praying the same prayer thirty thousand times?

One aim of the KGB was to get Sharansky to make the wrong confession. If he would just say that he was a traitor, they would release him. But he refused. The battle raged for nine years. By making the right confession and reiterating the right prayer, he won. Being victorious, he later immigrated to Jerusalem.

How that impressed me about Satan’s tactics! Satan uses every kind of pressure, every inducement, every lie—all with one aim: to get us to make the wrong confession. We defeat him, however, by maintaining the right confession.

Thank You, Jesus, that You are the High Priest of our confession. I proclaim that we defeat our enemy by maintaining the right confession. I shall hold fast my confession. Amen.

[X]
Shalom! Selamat datang di Komunitas Kristen Online!

Nampaknya anda belum login. Klik disini untuk login

Belum menjadi member? Klik disini untuk DAFTAR GRATIS (cuma 1 menit)