Author Topic: Derek Prince Ministry  (Read 41119 times)

October 24, 2018, 05:59:53 AM
Reply #1330
  • FK - Hero
  • 1 kor 9 : 16
https://www.derekprinceindonesia.org/resources/daily-devotional/daily-devotional

October 24, The Words We Speak

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/e768f94e-84ff-440c-8767-98f3b4f6a0c3/audio.mp3

Let us hold fast our confession.

Another word for confession is testimony. We read in the book of Revelation, “They overcame him [Satan] by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony” (Revelation 12:11).

We have acknowledged that we overcome Satan when we testify personally to what the Word of God says the blood of Jesus does for us. Testimony is a very simple thing—just saying words that agree with Scripture. Testimony saves us; it is our protection. I cannot overemphasize its importance.

The writer of Hebrews called Jesus the “High Priest of our confession” (Hebrews 3:1). Confession literally means “saying the same as.” For us, as believers in the Bible and in Jesus Christ, confession means saying with our mouths the same thing that God says in His Word. We make the words of our mouths agree with the Word of God. Jesus can advocate on our behalf only when we make the right confession. Whether we call it “testimony” or “confession,” it is indispensable in order for us to receive the salvation of God.

Jesus said, “For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned” (Matthew 12:37). We settle our destinies by the words that we speak. James said the tongue is like the rudder on a ship; even though it is a small part of the ship, it determines exactly where the ship will go. (See James 3:4.) We determine the course of our lives by the way in which we use our tongues. We can say the right thing and make the words of our mouths agree with the Word of God, or we can say the wrong thing and cause our lives to go off course. We will either come safely to harbor or end in shipwreck according to how we use our tongues.

Thank You, Jesus, that You are the High Priest of our confession. I proclaim that I overcome the enemy by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of my testimony. I shall hold fast my confession. Amen.

October 25, 2018, 06:45:23 AM
Reply #1331
  • FK - Hero
https://www.derekprinceindonesia.org/resources/daily-devotional/daily-devotional

October 25, Our Advocate

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/e73e0f6c-b9c4-4405-9afe-021dbb2e3102/audio.mp3

Jesus is the “High Priest of our confession” (Hebrews 3:1). Our confession enlists Jesus as our High Priest, but the opposite, unfortunately, is also true. If we make no confession, we have no High Priest. It’s not that Jesus has ceased to be our High Priest, but that we give Him no opportunity to minister as our High Priest.

He is the High Priest of our confession. If we say the right things with our mouths in faith, according to Scripture, then Jesus has eternally obligated Himself to see that we will never be put to shame—that we will always experience what we confess. But if we do not say the right things, then, alas, we silence the lips of our High Priest. He has nothing to say in heaven on our behalf.

Jesus is also called our “Advocate” (1 John 2:1). The word advocate is similar to the modern word attorney. Jesus is the legal expert who is there to plead our case in heaven. He has never lost a case. But if we do not make a confession, He has no case to plead, so the case goes against us by default.

We can see how important confession is; therefore, it is very important that we give heed to this third “Let us” passage in Hebrews: “Let us hold fast our confession” (Hebrews 4:14). This principle of right confession has a central place in the gospel, as well as in our experience of salvation. In fact, there is no salvation without right confession.

Thank You, Jesus, that You are the High Priest of our confession. I proclaim that as I speak in faith with my mouth according to Scripture, Jesus has eternally obligated Himself that I will experience what I confess. I shall hold fast my confession. Amen.

October 26, 2018, 06:54:27 AM
Reply #1332
  • FK - Hero

October 26, The Heart and the Mouth

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/f61dda06-e1fe-4655-a243-227080c11922/audio.mp3

In the tenth chapter of Romans, Paul explained as clearly as anywhere in the New Testament what is required for salvation. He began,

“The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.      (Romans 10:8–9)

The basis for salvation is the Word, and it has to be appropriated by faith. Then, there are two things we must do—one with the heart, one with the mouth. We have to believe with the heart, but we have to confess, or say it out, with the mouth. Paul went on,

For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.         (Romans 10:10)

You see? No confession, no salvation. It is good to believe in the heart, but belief alone is not sufficient. We must not only believe in our hearts, but we must also say it out boldly with our mouths, making the words of our mouths agree with the Word of God. Our initial confession relates us to Jesus as High Priest, but His ongoing ministry on our behalf as High Priest depends on our ongoing confession.

Thank You, Jesus, that You are the High Priest of our confession. I proclaim that I both believe in my heart and confess with my mouth the promises of God for me. I shall hold fast my confession. Amen.

October 27, 2018, 05:50:37 AM
Reply #1333
  • FK - Hero

October 27, The Fruit of Our Words

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/d413057c-ba0c-4517-a918-b356576ded79/audio.mp3

The entire Bible shows that our words determine our destinies. As we read in Proverbs 18:21, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit” (NASB). The tongue is either going to produce death in our lives, if we make a wrong confession, or life, if we make a right confession. Whatever we say with our tongues, we are going to eat the resultant fruit. That truth was echoed by the words of Jesus when He said, “And I say to you, that every careless word that men shall speak, they shall render account for it in the day of judgment. For by your words you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned” (Matthew 12:36–37 NASB).

Christians often say silly things that are not honoring to God, and then excuse themselves by saying, “I didn’t really mean it.” But Jesus said, “Every careless word.” It is not an excuse to say that you didn’t really mean something. We must hold fast our confession.

Ultimately, there are only two alternatives in our relationship to Christ and the Scripture: to confess or to deny. Again, Jesus said,

Everyone therefore who shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever shall deny Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.    (Matthew 10:32–33 NASB)

Those are the two alternatives given to us. There is no third alternative. In spiritual things, in the long run, there is no neutrality. Jesus said, “He who is not with Me is against Me” (Matthew 12:30). We either we make the right confession to salvation, or we make the wrong confession, which will not produce salvation.

Thank You, Jesus, that You are the High Priest of our confession. I proclaim that I confess before men that Jesus is my Lord, and He confesses me before our Father, who is in heaven. I shall hold fast my confession. Amen.

October 29, 2018, 06:35:01 AM
Reply #1334
  • FK - Hero

October 29, An Invitation from God

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/662662c7-9e1c-4538-b32f-94cd16c38128/audio.mp3

Let us draw near to the throne of grace.

This is the fourth “Let us” statement in Hebrews. I believe the fourth step is directly related to the first three steps, and that the sequence is significant. In order to be able to draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, we need to make sure that we have taken the first three steps.

The first step is to fear: “Let us fear” (Hebrews 4:1). Fearing means that we come with an attitude of reverence and an awareness of our need of God’s grace. Second, “Let us…be diligent” (Hebrews 4:11). This is our response to God’s grace: we are not slack, lazy, indifferent, or presumptuous. God’s grace does not justify our indifference or presumption; rather, it provokes us to be diligent. The third step is: “Let us hold fast our confession” (Hebrews 4:14). We must have the right confession; we have to say with our mouths the truth about Jesus and what He has done for us.

In regard to our approaching the throne of grace, we are told to come for two things: mercy and grace. My conviction is that if God invites us to come, and if we meet the conditions I have outlined, then mercy and grace await us. We never need to be afraid; we will never be disappointed. God would never give an invitation that He would not stand behind and fulfill. If we come as God’s children, we do not come as beggars. God has no second-class children. He never holds us at a distance if we have met the conditions for approach. It is very important that we come with confidence. That is faith in action. It is faith that will not be denied. It is faith that takes God at His Word and believes that God is as good as His Word. It is faith in God’s faithfulness. That is how we are to approach the throne—with confidence.

Thank You, Lord, that I can come boldly to You. I proclaim that because God invites me to come to His throne, and because I meet the required conditions, I come with the confidence that mercy and grace are waiting for me. I shall draw near to the throne of grace. Amen.

October 30, 2018, 05:44:39 AM
Reply #1335
  • FK - Hero

October 30, Throwing Off Condemnation

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/1137c511-aefa-4cc6-86a4-d6887c59d39d/audio.mp3

It is important that we approach God without condemnation; in other words, boldly, because, “if I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear” (Psalm 66:18).

If I “regard iniquity in my heart,” it means that I come to God with a consciousness in my heart of something that condemns me. Every time I try to approach God with faith, Satan reminds me of something that is not right and that has not been dealt with—maybe a sin that has not been confessed, or, if it has been confessed, is still lingering because I have not claimed and received God’s forgiveness. I am therefore conscious of this thing in my heart all the time. And if I come with condemnation, I do not receive that for which I pray.

I must remove the consciousness of sin from within my heart. Basically, this is done by faith. “If we confess our sins,” the Scripture says, “He [God] is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). We cannot do anything about the sin problem except confess, repent, and trust God for the forgiveness and cleansing that He has promised us. After that, we must not go on worrying about our sins, because if we remain conscious of sin as we pray, God will not hear our prayers. As the Scripture says, “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear.”

Yet the psalmist went on to say, “But certainly God has heard me” (Psalm 66:19). In other words, the psalmist rises above Satan’s attempt to condemn him and says, “God has heard me.” Why does God hear us? Because we come in the name of Jesus. Because we come with praise and thanksgiving. Therefore, we are not condemned.

Thank You, Lord, that I can come boldly to You. I proclaim that I throw off Satan’s attempt to condemn me, declaring that “God has heard me,” because I come in the name of Jesus. I shall draw near to the throne of grace. Amen.

October 31, 2018, 06:03:49 AM
Reply #1336
  • FK - Hero

October 31, Eliminating Every Hindrance

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/e7d6b4ce-1c62-48dc-b0e7-066db28f82bf/audio.mp3

The Bible says, “If our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things” (1 John 3:20). We need not keep anything from God. We have to be open and honest with Him—sincerely confessing every transgression, sinful thought, and shortcoming. But then, when all has been confessed, we need to accept complete forgiveness and complete cleansing, for we know that God will never remember our sins or hold them against us anymore. Then, we can come to Him without condemnation.

Speaking about prayer, Paul said in 1 Timothy 2:8, “I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.” We must get rid of the dark inner emotions and attitudes that hinder our access to God. We must get rid of wrath and doubting. The Bible says that if we doubt, we are condemned. (See Romans 14:23.) You see, we cannot come with condemnation into the presence of God. The Bible says,

He who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.     (James 1:6–8)

We must dismiss the whole question of guilt, along with every negative or wrong attitude concerning ourselves and other people. We must come boldly. As Hebrews 4:16 says, “Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” Remember, it is a throne of grace that we approach, and grace is enthroned with God. It is not justice we come to God for; rather, it is grace.

Thank You, Lord, that I can come boldly to You. I proclaim that I rid myself of condemnation and of every other hindrance to come boldly to the throne of grace. I shall draw near to the throne of grace. Amen.

November 01, 2018, 09:09:15 AM
Reply #1337
  • FK - Hero

November 01, Come Boldly

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/cb5eaef4-2968-4a7e-88ac-4c7c95d34511/audio.mp3

We come boldly to the throne of God because it is a throne of grace. We do not come on the basis of our merit, but we come in the name of Jesus, with praise and thanksgiving, without condemnation. We come boldly because God has bid us to come. The author of Hebrews wrote, “We have confidence [“boldness” NKJV] to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus” (Hebrews 10:19 NIV).

When we pray to God, we should never approach Him with condemnation. Condemnation is one of the greatest enemies to answered prayer. And the basic source of condemnation is a search for self-righteousness. If we feel that we must justify ourselves, we will never do it to our own satisfaction. There must come a time when we lay aside every attempt to justify ourselves and simply say, “I receive by faith the righteousness of Jesus Christ, imputed to me by my faith in Him, according to the Word of God. I will neither parade my good works nor blush for my bad deeds. I will come boldly because it is a throne of grace. I will not examine or analyze my own heart all the time to determine if I am good enough. I will trust God that the blood of Jesus has cleansed me from all sin. And I will come boldly to the throne, right into the Holiest of All.” That is a glorious way of access.

“Let us draw near with a true heart,” the Scripture says, “in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience” (Hebrews 10:22). An evil conscience will keep us from successful prayer. We must allow the blood of Jesus to be applied to our hearts and receive with complete assurance the fact that we are forgiven—cleansed because of what Jesus has done—and then come boldly into the presence of almighty God.

Thank You, Lord, that I can come boldly to You. I proclaim that the blood of Jesus has cleansed me from all sin, and I come boldly to the throne, right into the holiest of all. I shall draw near to the throne of grace. Amen.

November 02, 2018, 05:54:23 AM
Reply #1338
  • FK - Hero

November 02, Watching Our Motives

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/36cc67c7-36f4-454e-984e-1c810d4fd65f/audio.mp3

We come near to the throne of grace to petition God for specific needs. Let us look at an important condition—our motives. God searches every motive; He is very conscious of the reasons for which we pray. James 4:2 says, “You do not have because you do not ask.” The main reason that Christians do not have is a simple failure to ask. But then, James said in verse 3, “You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.” In other words, self-centered prayers indicate that our motives are wrong. We are simply aiming to get some creature comfort, personal satisfaction, or indulgence.

What is the correct motive? Jesus has already stated it: “That the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it” (John 14:13–14).

That is the motive behind the prayers that God answers. The prayer must be prayed sincerely so that God, in answering that prayer, may be glorified through Jesus Christ. As Paul explained in 2 Corinthians 1:20, “For all the promises of God in Him [Jesus Christ] are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.”

The whole purpose of coming to God and claiming His promises is so that God may be glorified through us in answering them. As we claim more and more of God’s promises, we glorify Him more and more. The more we fail to claim God’s promises, however, the less we glorify Him. The person who glorifies God most is the person who claims God’s promises in Christ the most.

The motive that is acceptable to God is one that seeks answers to prayer so that He might be glorified. These prayers must be offered in the name of His Son Jesus Christ.

Thank You, Lord, that I can come boldly to You. I proclaim that my motive in praying is that God may be glorified through Jesus Christ in answering my prayers. I shall draw near to the throne of grace. Amen.

November 03, 2018, 06:10:31 AM
Reply #1339
  • FK - Hero

November 03, According to His Lovingkindness

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/58e7f289-dfa6-4587-a62e-48a174f4fb13/audio.mp3

Psalm 51 is a prayer that David prayed during a time of deep distress, when his soul was hanging in the balance. It was a prayer of repentance after his sins—committing adultery with Bathsheba and arranging the murder of her husband, Uriah—had been uncovered. David wrote, “Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness; according to the multitude of Your tender mercies, blot out my transgressions” (Psalm 51:1).

“According to Your lovingkindness” is another way of saying “Your covenant-keeping faithfulness.” David was saying, in effect, “You have committed Yourself to forgive me if I meet the necessary conditions, and I appeal to You on that basis.” How important it is to approach God on that basis.

Psalm 106:1 says, “Praise the Lord! Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy [lovingkindness, faithfulness to His covenant] endures forever.” Mercy is an aspect of God’s eternal nature. Hebrews 4:16 says, “Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”

First, we need mercy, but we also need grace. What does the Bible say about grace? Grace cannot be earned. If you can earn it, it is not grace. Religious people often think that they have to earn everything. Consequently, they tend to turn down the grace of God. As Paul wrote, “If by grace, then it is no longer of works….But if it is of works, it is no longer grace” (Romans 11:6). Two things are mentioned in Hebrews 4:16 that we cannot earn. We cannot earn mercy, and we cannot earn grace. We need mercy for the past and grace for the future. It is by God’s grace alone that we can become the kind of people, and live the kind of lives, that He requires of us.

Thank You, Lord, that I can come boldly to You. I proclaim that I come according to God’s lovingkindness to receive mercy for my past and grace for my future. I shall draw near to the throne of grace. Amen.

[X]
Shalom! Selamat datang di Komunitas Kristen Online!

Nampaknya anda belum login. Klik disini untuk login

Belum menjadi member? Klik disini untuk DAFTAR GRATIS (cuma 1 menit)