Author Topic: Derek Prince Ministry  (Read 31235 times)

November 04, 2018, 12:31:40 PM
Reply #1340
  • FK - Hero
  • 1 kor 9 : 16
https://www.derekprinceindonesia.org/resources/daily-devotional/daily-devotional

November 04, By His Righteousness

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/6f4ae9ee-a58e-4cee-875f-eeb5ce676e0c/audio.mp3

Let us draw near to the throne of grace.

It is important to remember that it is neither our righteousness nor our faithfulness that forms the basis for our confidence in approaching God’s throne. Rather, it is God’s righteousness and God’s faithfulness. The first epistle of John expresses this thought: “Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. And whatever we ask we receive from Him” (1 John 3:21–22).

Any attitude that thinks we have some kind of righteousness or claim in ourselves to approach God results in our approaching Him without full confidence because there is ultimately nothing in ourselves. We have no righteousness of our own. Our confidence cannot be based in ourselves.

We must also come to the place where we do not allow our hearts to condemn us—where we are trusting not in our own righteousness or our own wisdom but in God’s faithfulness. And that produces confidence. Paul said, “There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1). In the remainder of that chapter, Paul painted the most glorious picture of a life that is filled and controlled by the Holy Spirit, enumerating all the blessings, privileges, and benefits of that life. But the entry into that chapter—and into that kind of life—is presented in that first verse above. We must lay aside all condemnation.

One requirement for a right approach to God is coming in the name of Jesus. When we come in Jesus’ name, we have assurance that our prayers are heard because of Him. It takes our attention off our own lives and works. When we come in the name of Jesus, we believe that our sins have been forgiven and that we are accepted by God as His children. This pleases God. It is how He wants us to come.

Thank You, Lord, that I can come boldly to You. I come to the throne of God in the name of Jesus, believing that my sins have been forgiven and that I am accepted by God as His child. I shall draw near to the throne of grace. Amen.

November 05, 2018, 06:32:50 AM
Reply #1341
  • FK - Hero
https://www.derekprinceindonesia.org/resources/daily-devotional/daily-devotional

November 05, An Ongoing Path

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/ac4ea221-bf34-434f-98ad-b87a3905c9b3/audio.mp3

Let us press on to maturity.

We have looked so far at four “Let us” statements in the book of Hebrews. Now, we turn to the fifth such statement—one that could be a new resolution for us. Hebrews 6:1 reads, “Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity” (NASB). Many Christians have the impression that in the Christian life, you can somehow “arrive,” reaching a point where you can settle down and say, “Now, I’m there.” But that is not true. To remain static in the mature spiritual life is almost impossible. As Proverbs 4:18 says, “The path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, that shines brighter and brighter until the full day” (NASB). The phrase “the path of the righteous” is not speaking about a specific believer or group of believers but about each and every righteous person.

Notice that righteousness is a path. It is not designed for standing still, much less for sitting down. As a path, righteousness implies motion, progress, and development. This path is like the light of dawn when we first come to know the Lord in His glorious fullness as Savior and Lord. It is like the sun rising after the darkness, or like a dawn that comes to our hearts. But dawn is not the end of God’s purposes; it is just the beginning.

When we are walking in the path of righteousness, the light should always be getting brighter. With every step, with each new day, the light should be brighter than it was before. “Until the full day”: that is our destination, the height of noonday.

God is not content for us to stop at anything less than the full brightness of the noonday sun. Dawn is our beginning point, the path is the way of progress, and the light gets brighter and brighter. But there is no stopping permitted until we reach the full day.

Thank You, Lord, that You are leading me onward. I proclaim that righteousness is a path, and God expects motion, progress, and development on my part. I shall press on to maturity. Amen.

November 06, 2018, 05:15:31 AM
Reply #1342
  • FK - Hero

November 06, Advancing to Maturity

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/9a9b74c8-fea0-4f36-8101-09fccd2f7ed3/audio.mp3

This particular “Let us” is very appropriate to the New Testament Hebrew people because they had failed to live in accordance with it. They had trusted their special privileges and rested in them. They had become, quite frankly, lazy; they simply took things for granted.

We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain because you are slow to learn. In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil. (Hebrews 5:11–14 NIV)

What the writer was saying there—bluntly—is that the Hebrews were mere spiritual infants. They had no right to be infants at that stage in their Christian progress. They had had so many opportunities over many years that by then, they should have advanced to maturity. The writer of Hebrews also explained the only way to advance to maturity. We must train ourselves to distinguish good from evil. Advancing to maturity on the path of righteousness comes in practice by training ourselves constantly. It does not happen automatically; it requires discipline. That is why one of the earlier steps was “Let us be diligent.” We must train ourselves to distinguish good from evil.

Many times, even large Christian congregations are unable to distinguish what is spiritual and scriptural from that which is just a fleshly presentation with soulish appeal. The only remedy is to train ourselves by constant use and careful practice.

Thank You, Lord, that You are leading me onward. I proclaim that I do not trust in special privileges or rest in them, but I am training myself to advance to maturity. I shall press on to maturity. Amen.

November 07, 2018, 05:30:15 AM
Reply #1343
  • FK - Hero

November 07, Being Built Up

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/4b0c108a-80c7-4a52-9d8c-58da32146bea/audio.mp3

God has made a special provision for attaining spiritual maturity, which Paul recorded in Ephesians 4:11: “It was he [the risen Christ] who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers” (NIV). Five main ministries are mentioned in this verse: apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers. The following verses tell us their purposes:

To prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.                        (verses 12–13 NIV)

This passage spells out two purposes for these various ministries. The first is to prepare us for works of service. We cannot automatically do the work that we are expected to do; we must be prepared, or trained. These five ministries are there to train us.

The second purpose is to build up the body of Christ. These ministries are placed within the body of Christ in order to bring us into a unity of faith and maturity. Jesus Christ, as Head of the church, has provided these ministries, and I believe that God’s people will never attain maturity without them. Paul continued, “From him [Christ] the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work” (verse 16 NIV).

The ultimate goal is not a lot of separated, isolated individuals, each one doing his own thing. Rather, the goal is a single body, held together by ligaments—strong bands that hold the various parts together, building up the body so that it can grow. It is essential that each part of the body does its work.

Thank You, Lord, that You are leading me onward. I proclaim that God’s goal is to prepare His people for works of service as each part of the body does its work. I shall press on to maturity. Amen.

November 08, 2018, 05:20:05 AM
Reply #1344
  • FK - Hero

November 08, God’s Program for Maturity

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/5c88e8ae-c251-40d0-8813-8246f7a52c9d/audio.mp3

In God’s program, there are two main requirements for coming to maturity. First, we must come under the discipline of the God-given ministries Paul listed in Ephesians 4:11: apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers. Without their discipline, oversight, and instruction, I do not see how God’s people can ever attain to maturity. Jesus Christ never made a provision that was not important, and this one is no exception. I believe it is essential. The second condition is that we must not remain isolated individuals; rather, we must be part of a growing body of believers.

Then, in that same passage, Paul stated a sobering alternative. If we do not follow God’s program for maturity, this will be the consequence: “Then we will…be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming” (Ephesians 4:14 NIV).

If we do not come under this fivefold ministry—if we do not become part of a body and accept this scriptural discipline—then, according to Paul, we will remain infants. We will be “tossed back and forth…, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.” I know many, many believers who match this description. Every year, they have a new fad, a new doctrine, and often a new teacher to provide and perpetuate the fad. We must come under the discipline of godly, Scripture-based ministries. We also must be part of a body of believers. That is the only way to maturity.

How about you? Are you under discipline? Are you part of a body? Are you advancing to maturity?

Thank You, Lord, that You are leading me onward. I proclaim that I am coming under discipline to be part of a growing body, because I want to advance to maturity. I shall press on to maturity. Amen.

November 09, 2018, 05:34:33 AM
Reply #1345
  • FK - Hero

November 09, Doing the Father’s Will

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/321b6e16-42bb-45ff-953b-7fc04c089622/audio.mp3

In Ephesians 1:5, Paul said of all believers that God has “predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself.” He further described God’s purpose for His children in Romans 8:29: “For whom He [God] foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He [Jesus] might be the firstborn among many brethren.” Thus, Jesus is the pattern Son, the One to whom we must all conform in coming to maturity. He Himself is the new and living way by which we go on to perfection, enter the holiest, and draw near to God. (See Hebrews 6:1; 10:19–22.) The way that led Jesus to perfection is the same way that each of us must follow.

The path to maturity was no easier for Jesus than it is for us. He “was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin” (Hebrews 4:15). In His human nature, Jesus experienced every form of temptation we experience, and yet He never sinned. It is no sin to be tempted! Sin comes only when we yield to temptation.

What was it that enabled Jesus, in spite of His true humanity, to overcome all temptation? His success lay in His single-hearted, unchanging motivation to do the Father’s will. This fact was prophetically foreshown by David in Psalm 40:7–8: “Then I said, ‘Behold, I come; in the scroll of the book it is written of me. I delight to do Your will, O my God.’”

During His earthly ministry, Jesus repeatedly disclosed this underlying motive for all He did. He could never know final satisfaction until He had finished every task His Father had assigned. Near Jacob’s well, He told His disciples, “My food [that which upholds and strengthens Me] is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work” (John 4:34). (See also John 5:30; 6:38.)

Thank You, Lord, that You are leading me onward. I proclaim that I conform to Jesus in coming to maturity, doing the will of God and finishing His work. I shall press on to maturity. Amen.

November 10, 2018, 05:07:29 AM
Reply #1346
  • FK - Hero

November 10, Denial of Self-will

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/ad82083e-9d91-4889-8db6-1df451544922/audio.mp3

The distinctive function of an Old Testament priest was to offer sacrifice. Thus, being a priest, Jesus had to offer sacrifice. Since He was not a Levite, He could not offer the sacrifices of the law, so He offered His own specific priestly sacrifice, which was prayer.

He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him [God the Father] who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. (Hebrews 5:7–8)

Jesus’ reverent obedience caused the Father to hear His prayers. He learned obedience through suffering. Jesus had to learn obedience, and we have to learn obedience in the same way. We find out what obedience is by obeying. We do not find it out by listening to sermons on obedience. Those may help us, but obedience has to be worked out, step-by-step, by obeying. Obedience brings suffering because it demands denial of one’s self-will. The key phrase in the obedience of Jesus was, “Not My will, but Yours, be done” (Luke 22:42). Every step of obedience in the Christian life is one of self-denial. Jesus said, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself” (Matthew 16:24). That is painful, for the old ego does not like to be denied. Ego says, “I want,” “I’m important,” “This suits me,” “I feel good,” “I don’t want,” and the like. Following the Lord requires a continual denial of that ego.

In the above passage from Hebrews, God was talking to us about coming into maturity as sons through obedience. Jesus is the pattern. God brought Him to maturity through obedience. This is the pathway for you and me, too. This is the new and living way.

Thank You, Lord, that You are leading me onward. I proclaim that following the Lord requires a continual denial of my ego, and I choose to follow Jesus’ pattern in meeting this requirement. I shall press on to maturity. Amen.

November 11, 2018, 11:46:54 AM
Reply #1347
  • FK - Hero

November 11, Our Spiritual Objective

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/35dbfac9-660e-464d-bbe6-6f160bc5d12f/audio.mp3

Let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.(Hebrews 6:1–2)

We seek to go on to perfection. Unfortunately, as I previously noted, the word perfection has an unattractive sound for most Christians because of some doctrine of sinless perfection that they’ve been exposed to. In most cases, those who claim to have achieved perfection demonstrate just the opposite by their words, behavior, and lifestyles. This hypocritical attitude has turned people away from the pursuit of perfection.

I would like to remind you of three alternative translations of the word perfection that make better sense: “maturity,” “fulfillment,” and “completion.” The Greek word translated “perfection” comes from a noun that means “end.” Therefore, it suggests a goal or objective toward which we are moving. I think we would all agree that having a spiritual objective is desirable. Having entered into the way of righteousness by faith, we can go on, or we can go back. God will have no pleasure in anyone who turns back, so we belong to those who are moving on into the full salvation of their souls. (See Hebrews 10:38–39.)

There are two things: the actual and the ideal. To be mature is to see the ideal and live with the actual. To fail is to accept the actual and reject the ideal; and to accept only that which is ideal and refuse the actual is to be immature. Do not criticize the actual because you have seen the ideal; Do not reject the ideal because you see the actual. Maturity is to live with the actual but hold on to the ideal.

Thank You, Lord, that You are leading me onward. I proclaim that I belong to those who are moving on into the full salvation of my soul—the goal of maturity, fulfillment, completion. I shall press on to maturity. Amen.

November 12, 2018, 05:54:34 AM
Reply #1348
  • FK - Hero

November 12, Taking Our Place with Christ

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/b47d66f5-484a-42ab-9660-14f146c15039/audio.mp3

Let us draw near to the Most Holy Place.

We can contrast this confession with another “Let us” phrase found in the book of Hebrews: “Let us…come boldly to the throne of grace” (Hebrews 4:16). This one says, in essence, “Let us draw near to God.” We need to understand it in its context. It is directly related to the statement in Hebrews 10:

Since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place…, let us draw near to God.    (Hebrews 10:19, 22 NIV)

To me, this passage clearly says that “drawing near to God” is equivalent to “entering the Most Holy Place.”

Let’s compare these two statements. “Let us come boldly to the throne” means that we are to come for the help we need—for mercy and grace. But, “Let us draw near to God,” I think, takes us much further. The suggestion is not merely that we come to the throne for help, but also that we are invited to take our place with Christ on the throne. That is what it means to enter the Most Holy Place.

There is not enough space to give a detailed exposition of the tabernacle, but there were three main areas. First, there was the Outer Court. Then, beyond the first curtain of the tent was the Holy Place. And finally, beyond the second curtain was the Most Holy Place. The language in Hebrews is based on the pattern of the tabernacle.

Our destination is the Most Holy Place, beyond the second curtain or veil.

Thank You, Lord, that I can draw near to You by the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that I take my place with Christ on the throne. I shall draw near to the Most Holy Place. Amen.

November 13, 2018, 06:10:49 AM
Reply #1349
  • FK - Hero

November 13, By a New and Living Way

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/07ec5efd-7025-46d9-9108-d2ccdd722fff/audio.mp3

Let us draw near to the Most Holy Place.

The only furniture in the Most Holy Place, as it was designed by God, was the ark of the covenant, which was a box made of acacia wood and covered with gold. Its lid was called the mercy seat, or the place of propitiation. Inside were the two tablets of the Ten Commandments, but these were covered up by the mercy seat, indicating that through Christ’s propitiation on our behalf, the broken law (the Ten Commandments that were broken) has been covered by His propitiation. On either end of the mercy seat was a cherub. The two cherubs faced one another, looking toward the center of the mercy seat with their wings stretched out over them and their wing tips touching over the center of the mercy seat.

The mercy seat was God’s throne—He sits on a throne of mercy that covers the broken law. The two cherubs with their faces turned inward toward one another, their wing tips touching, represent the place of fellowship. So, this is a place of mercy and a place of fellowship—but it is also a throne, the seat of God as King.

In that piece of furniture there was no representation of God Himself, which was forbidden for the Israelites. But God did come in and take His place on that seat in the form of the shekinah glory—the visible, sensory presence of almighty God. The Most Holy Place was in total darkness; it had no natural or artificial illumination. But when the shekinah presence of God came in, then God was taking His place on the throne.

In Hebrews 10 we are invited into the Most Holy Place to “draw near to God” (verse 22 NIV). We are invited to take our place with Christ on the throne. We are to come by “a new and living way” (verse 20 NIV). This new and living way is Jesus.

Thank You, Lord, that I can draw near to You by the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that I come to the Most Holy Place by Jesus, “the new and living way.” I shall draw near to the Most Holy Place. Amen.

[X]
Shalom! Selamat datang di Komunitas Kristen Online!

Nampaknya anda belum login. Klik disini untuk login

Belum menjadi member? Klik disini untuk DAFTAR GRATIS (cuma 1 menit)