Author Topic: Derek Prince Ministry  (Read 41146 times)

March 06, 2019, 05:45:04 AM
Reply #1460
  • FK - Hero
  • 1 kor 9 : 16
https://www.derekprinceindonesia.org/resources/daily-devotional/daily-devotional

March 06, Release from Torment

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/90f23324-268a-495f-b9cc-6e247bf5de9e/audio.m4a

My members, the parts of my body, are instruments of righteousness, yielded to God for His service and for His glory.

For several years, while I was a pastor in London, I had a tremendous struggle against depression that would come over me, weigh upon me, and shut me in. It gave me a sense of hopelessness and failure. Maybe you can identify with this. I fought this situation in every way that I knew, but I made no progress. Then, I came across Isaiah 61:3: “To console those who mourn in Zion, to give them…the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.”

As I read those words, the Holy Spirit showed me, “That’s your problem!” It was like a flood of light coming in. I realized I was not fighting against myself but another being—an evil spirit that was tormenting and oppressing me. When I realized that, I was probably 80 percent of the way to victory. I actually needed only one other Scripture: “Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved [“delivered” KJV]” (Joel 2:32).

Putting those two Scriptures together, I prayed, “God, You’ve shown me that I’m oppressed by a spirit of heaviness. I come to You now, calling on the name of the Lord Jesus. Deliver me.” He liberated my mind from that oppressing spirit.

Now, it was up to me to reprogram my own mind. I had habitually negative thought patterns, which God showed me to be a denial of my faith in Jesus. It was up to me to retrain my mind. Over a period of several years, every time a negative, pessimistic thought came to me, I would reject it, replacing it with a positive confession from Scripture. Several years later, my whole inner working had changed completely. I was a totally different person.

Thank You, Jesus, for Your victory on the cross. I proclaim that I have been released from all torment, and that my members, the parts of my body, are instruments of righteousness, yielded to God for His service and for His glory. Amen.   

March 07, 2019, 05:35:32 AM
Reply #1461
  • FK - Hero
https://www.derekprinceindonesia.org/resources/daily-devotional/daily-devotional

March 07, Yielded to God

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/450497eb-1c6d-42e6-8c0c-185a966f2d76/audio.m4a

My members, the parts of my body, are instruments of righteousness, yielded to God for His service and for His glory.

Paul said, “Do not let sin reign in your mortal body that you should obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting your members to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God” (Romans 6:12–13 nasb). We have been set free. Sin must not control our hands, our feet, or our tongues. On the contrary, Paul said, we should yield ourselves to God and our members as instruments of righteousness to God. There’s a double yielding.

First, we yield our wills to God by saying, “Not my will, but Yours, be done.” In the Lord’s Prayer, the second petition is, “Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven” (Matthew 6:10). When we pray “Your will be done,” it begins with the will of the one who is praying—one who wills for God’s will to be done.

Once we have yielded our wills, we then yield our physical members to God as instruments of righteousness. In Greek, the word “instruments” literally means “weapons,” implying spiritual conflict. These are not just any instruments, like a hoe or plow—they are fighting instruments, like a sword.

The baptism in the Holy Spirit is key because in that experience we first yield our wills to God; we then yield the one unruly member that we are powerless to control: the tongue. When we are baptized in the Holy Spirit, we actually fulfill the instruction to yield our members to God as instruments (weapons) of righteousness. Certainly, when the tongue has been yielded to God and taken over by the Holy Spirit, it becomes a weapon: in prayer, in testimony, and in preaching.

Thank You, Jesus, for Your victory on the cross. I yield myself and my will to God, proclaiming that my members, the parts of my body, are instruments of righteousness, yielded to God for His service and for His glory. Amen.

March 08, 2019, 05:30:20 AM
Reply #1462
  • FK - Hero

March 08, Moving Forward

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/cdf2af97-d0c3-48dc-8787-600693d1266d/audio.m4a

We have a choice to make. Something is going to control us. Which will it be: sin or righteousness? If we say righteousness, we can believe we will be tested! The devil will not give up as long as he thinks he has a chance of succeeding.

When an individual is tested and tempted, the devil will go on until that person has come to the place where the temptation just doesn’t affect him. He does not even entertain the thought. The devil is clever enough not to waste his time on people like that. But if any double-mindedness exists in us, the devil will exploit it. We must make a firm decision.

I am speaking in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For…you presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness, resulting in further lawlessness. (Romans 6:19 NASB)

If we choose lawlessness, it will increase. We will become more and more lawless. Many of us can trace that reality in our lives.

Instead of increasing in lawlessness, “now present your members as slaves to righteousness, resulting in sanctification [holiness]” (verse 19 NASB).

It is almost impossible to stand still in the spiritual life. We are either going to go forward or backward. We are either going to progress in holiness or go further into rebellion.

Thank You, Jesus, for Your victory on the cross. I present myself as a slave to righteousness and proclaim that my members, the parts of my body, are instruments of righteousness, yielded to God for His service and for His glory. Amen.

March 09, 2019, 05:23:45 AM
Reply #1463
  • FK - Hero

March 09, Choosing Grace

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/9ee94a20-d16a-41c7-a349-0063c4b02cdf/audio.m4a

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God.         (Romans 12:1)

It is a question of setting our wills, then yielding—in that order. If we don’t will, then, by habit, we will yield to the wrong thing. We must stop presenting our bodies, our members, to sin. When we were still unbelievers, we did just that for a long while. But we have to stop and say, “That’s the end of that!” Once we yield our wills to God, we don’t have to yield our members to Satan.

“For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace” (Romans 6:14). The implications of this statement are far-reaching. Paul said that we are not under law but under grace. It is either one or the other—it cannot be both at the same time. If we are under law, we are not under grace. If we are under grace, we are not under law.

Moreover, Paul said that sin shall not have dominion over us, for we are not under the law. The corollary is that if we are under the law, sin will have dominion over us. That is a shocking statement to many people, but that is what the Bible consistently says.

We are not governed by a set of rules. We have become sons of God, and we obey Him because we love Him. From now on, love, not fear, is our motivation for obedience. God does not make us slaves; the Law does that. God makes us His sons and daughters. We have to choose the Law or God’s grace.

Thank You, Jesus, for Your victory on the cross. I choose grace and yield my will to God, proclaiming that my members, the parts of my body, are instruments of righteousness, yielded to God for His service and for His glory. Amen.

March 10, 2019, 03:31:06 PM
Reply #1464
  • FK - Hero

March 10, Whom Will We Serve?

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/f3c4eba9-c127-45d3-b634-ef852beb4275/audio.m4a

Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?           (Romans 6:16)

Paul said that when we yield ourselves to someone, we become slaves of the one we obey. If we yield to, let’s say, immorality, we become slaves of immorality. We cannot yield to sin without becoming its slaves. Thus, we must decide to whom and to what we want to yield. Some of us don’t like choices, but in the spiritual life, we cannot avoid them.

At the end of his career, Joshua gave Israel a choice:

Now therefore, fear the Lord, serve Him in sincerity and in truth….And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.     (Joshua 24:14–15)

Joshua challenged the Israelites to make a choice, and this choice has never changed. It is not whether we will serve; it is whom we will serve. Serve we will. Before we were redeemed, we had no choice. We could not keep from sinning; there was no other option but to be slaves to sin and servants of Satan. After we experience redemption through faith in Jesus Christ, though, we have another option: we can choose to serve God and be “slaves” to righteousness.

Thank You, Jesus, for Your victory on the cross. I choose to serve the Lord, and I proclaim that my members, the parts of my body, are instruments of righteousness, yielded to God for His service and for His glory. Amen.

March 11, 2019, 12:34:40 PM
Reply #1465
  • FK - Hero

March 11, My Body Is for the Lord

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/b1f42ce8-8b44-4251-b026-b9093af81653/audio.m4a

Present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.    (Romans 6:13)

We give our physical members to God and say, “God, You use them.” Then, we also have to keep the temple holy. Paul wrote, “Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body” (1 Corinthians 6:13). Today, we call sexual immorality “premarital sex.” But God has not changed His estimate of this sin. The body is not for premarital sex; the body is for the Lord. And then, “the Lord [is] for the body,” too. Isn’t that wonderful? If we give our bodies to the Lord, then the Lord is for our bodies.

Paul was a down-to-earth man who talked to people about things that really concerned them. He continued, “Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body” (verse 18).

Many people interpret this passage as a warning about sexually transmitted diseases, such as HIV, gonorrhea, or syphilis. These may certainly be consequences of sexual immorality, but Paul’s teaching means much more than that. We endanger the health of our bodies when we commit any kind of immorality. Many times when Christians seek healing and do not receive it, the root cause is immorality. In most cases, God demands that we go to the root cause, repent of it, and set it aright before we can receive healing from Him.

Thank You, Jesus, for Your victory on the cross. I give my body to the Lord, proclaiming that my members, the parts of my body, are instruments of righteousness, yielded to God for His service and for His glory. Amen.

March 12, 2019, 05:28:42 AM
Reply #1466
  • FK - Hero

March 12, Resurrection Life

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/a51df089-4b26-42a9-ad47-d4cac636935d/audio.m4a

I overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony, and I do not love my life to the death.

Leviticus 17:11 says, “The life of the flesh is in the blood.” When Jesus poured out His blood, He poured out His life. As I understand it, the life of God was released into the universe. And no mind can really comprehend the fullness of what that means.

Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly [of utmost importance], I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”            (John 6:53–54)

Bear in mind that our redemption is not complete until the resurrection. In Philippians 3:12, Paul said, “Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me,” which is “the resurrection from the dead” (verse 11).

Some people have the impression that their bodies are not very important. But God says our bodies are very important—they are temples for the Holy Spirit. They are “fearfully and wonderfully made” (Psalm 139:14). And God is not going to leave our bodies in a state of decay. He is going to resurrect them with glory like that of Jesus. Redemption is the full outworking of Jesus’ sacrifice, and it is consummated by the resurrection.

Thank You, Lord, for the blood of the Lamb. Like Paul, “I press on…that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.” I proclaim that I overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony, and I do not love my life to the death. Amen.

March 13, 2019, 05:58:50 AM
Reply #1467
  • FK - Hero

March 13, The Glory to Be Revealed

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/97ce6bc3-bc8a-4818-876c-542ec621a195/audio.m4a

I overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony, and I do not love my life to the death.

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us [at the resurrection]. For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.       (Romans 8:18–19)

Many Christians do not seem to grasp the significance of Christ’s resurrection for us. The sons of God are revealed at the resurrection; all of creation is waiting expectantly for it on tiptoe. The trees, seas, rivers, and mountains are all waiting. It is extraordinary that creation has so much excitement—and that much of the church has so little.

For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.       (verses 20–21)

The entirety of creation suffered because of man’s sin. Before man sinned, there were no thorns and thistles; nothing ever died or rotted. And we see that we’re not the only ones who are going to come into a glorious resurrection; creation is, too. However, God has assigned this priority: creation does not come in until we come in. As Paul wrote, “For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now” (verse 22).

Paul often used the phrase “we know,” yet most contemporary Christians don’t know. Do we know that the whole creation is in labor pains, waiting for the revelation of the sons of God, the birth of a new age, and deliverance from corruption?

Thank You, Lord, for the blood of the Lamb. I proclaim that I am coming into the glory destined for the sons of God. I overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony, and I do not love my life to the death. Amen.

March 14, 2019, 05:33:34 AM
Reply #1468
  • FK - Hero

March 14, The Blood of Jesus
 https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/4c0ea9ef-70a5-4413-9d50-f4ac076b4422/audio.m4a

Four times in John 6, Jesus said about the believer, “I will raise him up at the last day.” (See verses 39, 40, 44, and 54.) Resurrection is a part of salvation.

Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For My flesh is food indeed [true food], and My blood is drink indeed [true drink]. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.       (John 6:54–56)

The words eats, drinks, and abides are in the continuing present tense: “He who continually feeds on My flesh, and continually drinks My blood, continually abides in Me and I in him.”

It is very clear that the Lord attaches tremendous importance to feeding on His flesh and drinking His blood. I am not the final authority, but I really believe He is talking about the sacrament of the Lord’s Supper, or Communion.

At one time, I lived in an Arab town with Arab Christians. When they took the Lord’s Supper, they said, “Let us drink the blood of Jesus.” I believe those Arab Christians got the right picture. Drinking the blood of Jesus is Communion.

Something in us says, “I don’t like the thought of drinking blood.” I remember that it took me years to come to grips with this statement. But to have eternal life, we have to drink Jesus’ blood and feed on His flesh.

Thank You, Lord, for the blood of the Lamb. I partake of His eternal life by drinking His blood and feeding on His flesh, and I proclaim that I overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of my testimony, and I do not love my life to the death. Amen.

March 15, 2019, 05:54:25 AM
Reply #1469
  • FK - Hero

March 15, The Importance of Communion

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/9c174f30-4f4f-4148-81a0-28ac6ddc03f4/audio.m4a

We have noted that the life is in the blood. (See Leviticus 17:11.) If we want the life, we must appropriate the blood. We do that by taking Communion, as well as by the word of our testimony.

To me, this matter of taking Communion has become extremely important. Paul quoted Jesus in 1 Corinthians 11:25, saying, “This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” Many churches think that says, “As seldom as you do it.” Some of the most beautiful services I have ever attended were liturgical Communion services; they were so beautiful because they held on to that fact.

At one point, my wife, Ruth, and I came to the conclusion that we were not taking Communion as often as we should. As the priest of our home, I decided we would have Communion every morning during our time with the Lord. I am not saying that every Christian should do this, but I am thankful that we did. We would have felt that something had dropped out of our lives if we had omitted it.

Every day, when we took Communion, we would say, “We receive this bread as Your flesh, Lord, and this wine as Your blood.” I would do this in a simple, specific way, saying, “Lord, we are doing this in remembrance of You; we are proclaiming Your death until You come.” In Communion, we have no past but the cross, no future but the coming. We do it in remembrance of the cross until Jesus comes. Let this compel us to consider whether we are really availing ourselves of the life that is in the blood.

Thank You, Lord, for the blood of the Lamb. I avail myself of the life that is in the blood through Communion, and I proclaim that I overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of my testimony, and I do not love my life to the death. Amen.

[X]
Shalom! Selamat datang di Komunitas Kristen Online!

Nampaknya anda belum login. Klik disini untuk login

Belum menjadi member? Klik disini untuk DAFTAR GRATIS (cuma 1 menit)