Author Topic: Derek Prince Ministry  (Read 42800 times)

September 08, 2019, 04:30:20 AM
Reply #1640
  • FK - Hero
  • 1 kor 9 : 16

https://www.derekprinceindonesia.org/resources/daily-devotional/daily-devotional

September 08, Receiving When We Ask

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/ad46166b-def5-434b-9e73-ef1ba7c0d31a/audio.mp3

My Father knows what I need, even before I ask Him.

One of the great secrets of getting things from God is receiving. There are many people who ask but never receive. There is a Scripture verse that is very emphatic about this principle of receiving. Jesus was speaking about petitioning God, and He said,

Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.         (Mark 11:24)

The New International Version says, “Believe that you have received it,” which is a more literal translation. We receive the things we ask for when we pray. If you pray in that way—believing that when you pray, you receive—you will have what you ask for.

Notice that receiving is not the same as having. Receiving is settling it; having is the experience that follows. Let’s say you have a financial need. You pray. You are in touch with God. You say, “God, we need fifteen hundred dollars by Thursday.” Then, you say, “Thank You, God.” You have received it. Nothing has changed in your circumstances, but you have received it nevertheless. You will have it.

Thank You, Father, that You know me completely. I proclaim that I receive what I request when I pray, because receiving is settling it. My Father knows what I need, even before I ask Him. Amen.

September 09, 2019, 04:42:07 AM
Reply #1641
  • FK - Hero

https://www.derekprinceindonesia.org/resources/daily-devotional/daily-devotional

September 09, My Exceedingly Great Reward

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/01f3b3e2-b3c0-4fbd-ba24-64ed8837fb3b/audio.mp3

My Father knows what I need, even before I ask Him.

For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith, and pierced themselves with many a pang. (1 Timothy 6:10 NASB)

The love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Once we allow the love of money into our lives, out of it will come all sorts of evils and temptations and pain. The remedy is to “seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you” (Matthew 6:33). Get your priorities right. God knows we need certain things; it is just a question of priorities.

Let’s look now at some of the assurances found in the Bible of the presence and provision of the Lord.

The word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.”       (Genesis 14:1)

No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you       (Joshua 1:5)

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want [lack].         (Psalm 23:1)

The Lord is for me; I will not fear; what can man do to me?           (Psalm 118:6 NASB)

The Lord is for us. There is no reason to fear. What can man do to us if God is for us? In Romans 8:31, Paul said, “If God is for us, who can be against us?”

Thank You, Father, that You know me completely. I proclaim that the Lord is my exceedingly great reward; the Lord is with me and for me. He is my Shepherd; I shall not lack. My Father knows what I need, even before I ask Him. Amen.

September 10, 2019, 04:24:16 PM
Reply #1642
  • FK - Hero

September 10, Freedom to Love

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/a0dd11a8-921a-4a6d-9ce8-77ac7e61916f/audio.mp3

As a father has compassion on his children, so God has compassion on me.

But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.    (James 1:25)

If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well.   (James 2:8)

The law “You shall love your neighbor as yourself” is called two things: the “perfect law of liberty” and the “royal law.” It is the perfect law in that it encompasses every other law. When you really love your neighbor, fervently and with a pure heart, you cannot but keep all the other commandments. By keeping that one law, you are obeying all the laws. It is also the royal, or kingly, law.

It is the perfect law of liberty, or freedom, because nobody can stop you from loving. Once you have made up your mind to love, people can say all sorts of mean things about you and treat you miserably, but they cannot stop you from loving. The only person who is totally free is the person who loves.

Jesus was the perfect example of freedom in love. The authorities did everything to Him: they beat Him, they pierced His hands and His feet, they put a crown of thorns on His head, they gave Him vinegar to drink, they abused Him, they reviled Him. But the one thing they could not do was to stop Him from loving. He loved them to the end. (See Luke 23:34.)

If you love with that kind of love, nobody can stop you from doing exactly what you want to do—love. That is why love is called the “perfect law of liberty.”

Thank You, Lord, that You care so much. I proclaim that I have made up my mind to love in obedience to God’s perfect law of liberty. As a father has compassion on his children, so God has compassion on me. Amen.

September 11, 2019, 06:56:50 AM
Reply #1643
  • FK - Hero

September 11, Moved with Compassion

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/d14b6060-459f-408c-9f57-361b8ccfa35d/audio.mp3

How is compassion portrayed in Scripture? Let’s look at an incident from the first chapter of Mark.

Now a leper came to Him [Jesus], imploring Him, kneeling down to Him and saying to Him, “If You are willing, You can make me clean.” Then Jesus, moved with compassion, stretched out His hand and touched him, and said to him, “I am willing; be cleansed.” As soon as He had spoken, immediately the leprosy left him, and he was cleansed.         (Mark 1:40–42)

It says that Jesus was “moved with compassion.” This response refers to the bowels—compassion is a gut feeling. The King James Version refers to the “bowels of compassion” (1 John 3:17). The “bowels of compassion” are where our deepest feelings lie—not in the physical heart, but in the gut. This is where it all begins. This is the source of everything.

When my first wife, Lydia, was writing her autobiography, she used the phrase, “My bowels were moved.” The editors of the book had to explain that this was not the right way to express that feeling in English. But in every other language I know—Latin, Greek, Hebrew—the deepest, innermost part of you is not referred to as the heart but the bowels. Whether it is love, fear, hatred, or another emotion, its place of origin is the bowels, which are at your very depth.

Thank You, Lord, that You care so much. I proclaim that just as Jesus was moved with compassion, I want to respond in the same way in the deepest, innermost part of me. As a father has compassion on his children, so God has compassion on me. Amen.

September 12, 2019, 02:03:24 PM
Reply #1644
  • FK - Hero

September 12, What Moves Us?

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/c68b2403-e4c5-49f5-be73-ea83ab4e1c16/audio.mp3

One of the greatest problems in the church today is personal ambition on the part of ministers. The apostle Paul addressed this issue with the church at Philippi, saying,

Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.           (Philippians 2:1–3)

Those are very powerful words. Paul was not talking about superficial feelings. They go deep.

I have met many wonderful ministers, but the primary driving force of today’s church, as I see it, is ambition: ambition to build a bigger church, to hold a larger meeting, to put more names on the mailing list, or to make oneself known. Maybe I am being cynical, but, nevertheless, ambition seems to be a primary force in contemporary Christianity. However, Paul said, “Let nothing be done through selfish ambition.”

I have a question for those of you in the Lord’s service. It is, by extension, a question for everyone, for all believers are to be in the Lord’s service. By what are you moved? What prompts you to do the things you do? To speak the words you speak? To relate to people the way you do? Are you motivated by the love of God and by compassion? First John 4:7–8 exhorts us, “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.”

Thank You, Lord, that You care so much. I proclaim my desire to be motivated by the love of God and by compassion. As a father has compassion on his children, so God has compassion on me. Amen.

September 13, 2019, 06:34:18 AM
Reply #1645
  • FK - Hero

September 13, The Fountain of Compassion

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/d5f0497f-0bea-4f0c-9366-8b1c673c614f/audio.mp3

In Psalm 84:6, we read, “As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a spring [or a fountain].” After nearly sixty years as a Christian—walking in the way of the Lord, speaking in tongues—I experienced a transformation. Something entirely new happened within me—a spring was opened inside me that was a fountain of compassion. I had known the love of God for a long time, and I had always loved my family, but this spring was unlike anything I had ever experienced.

This spring had another source apart from Derek Prince. I began to understand what the Bible means when it says that Jesus was “moved with compassion.” (See, for example, Matthew 9:36; Mark 1:41.) I realized God was sharing His compassion with me, and I prayed, “Lord, let this fountain never become defiled or contaminated, and let it never become stopped up.” God alone determined when it would spring up. And when the fountain of compassion is flowing within me, it attracts people to me. They do not know why they are drawn to me, but they sense something for which they have been longing. I believe that God is waiting for us to love one another with His divine love.

God has done something else in me, too. He has given me a supernatural concern for orphans, widows, the poor, and the oppressed. We can talk about faith and righteousness, but if we do nothing for the people who really need us, these words are empty and meaningless. There is no shortage of people who need us. They are all around us—people who need to be loved are everywhere. They are lonely; no one cares for them; they lack answers and are desperate. You don’t have to go far from home to find people like that. Compassion is the purpose of God. It is what He’s waiting to see manifest in us.

Thank You, Lord, that You care so much. I proclaim my desire for the fountain of God’s compassion to flow in me and through me, out to those around me who are needy and desperate. As a father has compassion on his children, so God has compassion on me. Amen.

September 14, 2019, 05:14:57 AM
Reply #1646
  • FK - Hero

September 14, Caring for the Uncared For

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/73797bba-e629-4e83-9c01-dc13d1b5b7b1/audio.mp3

I have written a little booklet entitled Orphans, Widows, the Poor and Oppressed. This booklet astonishes me. As I wrote yesterday, even after I had been preaching for well over fifty years, and when I had the impression that I would be preaching for the rest of my life, God gave me a new kind of compassion I never expected to receive. My rendering of Psalm 84:6 is, “When you pass through the Valley of Baca [weeping], God will open a fountain.”

I have passed through the valley of weeping, and God has opened that fountain for me. It is something sovereign that only God could do. It is compassion. I have become deeply concerned—almost passionately—about the people our society neglects and treads underfoot: the orphans, the widows, the poor, and the oppressed. I am amazed by how much the Bible has to say about our responsibility to care for them. From cover to cover of the Bible, it is a major theme of God’s righteousness—whether it is in the Patriarchs, under the Law of Moses, in the Prophets, or in the New Testament.

Generally speaking, we, as Christians, have completely missed a vital area of our faith and our profession, which is to care for those whom no one else cares for.

Thank You, Lord, that You care so much. I proclaim the truth of Psalm 84:6: “When you pass through the Valley of Baca [weeping], God will open a fountain.” I proclaim that I will walk in this vital area of faith and profession, caring for those for whom no one else cares. As a father has compassion on his children, so God has compassion on me. Amen.

September 15, 2019, 04:46:17 AM
Reply #1647
  • FK - Hero

September 15, A Measure of Righteousness

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/e3b1f5c3-9972-43d4-b2fe-df49b720e616/audio.mp3

The words of Job are remarkable. He is here listing sins he did not commit, of which he was not guilty. Many professing Christians, however, could be guilty of these sins. “If I have kept the poor from their desire, or caused the eyes of the widow to fail, or eaten my morsel by myself, so that the fatherless could not eat of it…” (Job 31:16–17).

Notice the three groups that Job listed: the poor, the widows, and the fatherless (or orphans). Job said, in essence, “If I have not done what I ought to have done for them, I am a sinner, and I have failed my basic obligations.” He went on,

(But from my youth I reared him as a father, and from my mother’s womb I guided the widow); if I have seen anyone perish for lack of clothing, or any poor man without covering; if his heart has not blessed me, and if he was not warmed with the fleece of my sheep; if I have raised my hand against the fatherless, when I saw I had help in the gate; then let my arm fall from my shoulder, let my arm be torn from the socket.      (verses 18–22)

Job did not fail to care for the people who had no food, clothing, or families to care for them. Then, he said that if his arm were not engaged continually in these acts of mercy and generosity, it had no place in his body at all. His viewpoint is totally different from the viewpoint most people have today. This was the standard of righteousness of the patriarchs, too, even before the law of Moses and even before the gospel. God requires us to restore this kind of righteousness in the church by going out of our way to care for widows, orphans, and those with no food, clothing, or shelter.

Thank You, Lord, that You care so much. I proclaim that God requires me to restore this kind of righteousness—caring for the needy—in the church. As a father has compassion on his children, so God has compassion on me. Amen.

September 17, 2019, 11:37:38 AM
Reply #1648
  • FK - Hero

September 17, The Spirit of Adoption

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/8ec898b0-3b2f-4fb5-b47f-763c1efbb43d/audio.mp3

I have received the Spirit of sonship, and by Him, I cry, “Abba, Father.”

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage [slavery] again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”  (Romans 8:14–15)

Abba is the Aramaic or Hebrew word commonly used for “daddy.” In Israel, a little child will call his father, “Abba.” And because we have received the Spirit of adoption, we have the right to address God as Abba. Father. Daddy.

Paul told us that we have two options. We can be led by the Spirit of God, or we can be under the spirit of slavery. The spirit of slavery makes us fearful of punishment; the Spirit of adoption leads us as God’s children.

The Greek word that is translated as sons indicates a “mature son.” When you are first born again of God’s Spirit, you become a child. But as you are led, you become a mature son or daughter of God. The pathway to maturity is being led by the Holy Spirit, no longer bound under a spirit of slavery. As Paul wrote in Galatians 518, “But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.”

In order to become a mature son or daughter of God, you must be led by the Spirit. But remember, if you are led by the Holy Spirit, you are not under the law. That is our freedom—not a freedom to do evil, but a freedom to love. Our motivation to do service for Jesus is love, the most powerful motivator in the world. It works even when fear does not. That’s what God is bringing us to. That’s what makes us mature sons and daughters of God. That’s the result of being delivered from the law.

Thank You, Father, that I am Your child. I proclaim that I am no longer bound under a spirit of slavery. I have received the Spirit of adoption. I have received the Spirit of sonship, and by Him, I cry, “Abba, Father.” Amen.

September 18, 2019, 04:22:10 AM
Reply #1649
  • FK - Hero

September 18, Birth and Adoption

https://cdn.subsplash.com/audios/9S2SS4/fd153d3a-82b8-41a0-81f5-25457f14fa18/audio.mp3

I have received the Spirit of sonship, and by Him, I cry, “Abba, Father.”

When you receive Jesus Christ, you become a child of God, and you also receive the “Jesus nature,” a nature that knows to call God the Father “Daddy.” This is a very natural relationship.

In Romans 8, Paul addressed two major subjects—birth and adoption. Do not confuse them; they are distinctly different. Birth produces a nature; adoption gives a legal standing.

God is so good to us that we get it both ways—birth and adoption—but they don’t give us the same thing. We receive something distinct by each process.

This is perfectly understandable in the light of the customs of the Roman Empire. In Paul’s day, it was not uncommon for the Roman emperor to have many sons, but when he chose one particular son to succeed him as emperor, he would also adopt that son. Then, all the legal rights of the empire would go to that adopted son. The purpose of adoption was legal—it assured the son’s inheritance.

We are born again at regeneration, and we receive the “Jesus nature.” But, at the baptism in the Holy Spirit, we receive adoption. Heaven’s best Lawyer comes in and assures us that we are the children of God. This is what assures us of the inheritance we receive. Do you see the implication?

It is just like the Roman emperor. If he has a son by natural birth, his son gets his nature. But in order to receive the inheritance, that son needs to be adopted; this gives him a legal standing and rightful inheritance.

Thank You, Father, that I am Your child. I proclaim that by birth and adoption, I have received both a natural and legal standing. I have received the Spirit of sonship, and by Him, I cry, “Abba, Father.” Amen.

[X]
Shalom! Selamat datang di Komunitas Kristen Online!

Nampaknya anda belum login. Klik disini untuk login

Belum menjadi member? Klik disini untuk DAFTAR GRATIS (cuma 1 menit)