Author Topic: Derek Prince Ministry  (Read 30085 times)

December 25, 2014, 05:07:41 AM
Reply #30
  • FK - Hero
  • 1 kor 9 : 16
http://www.derekprince.com/Groups/1000089500/DPM/Resources/Daily_Devotional/Daily_Devotional.aspx

todaysmessage
December 25 - Liberated by the Cross
The cross of Jesus removes the hindrances of pleasing ourselves and pleasing the world. Then, when we are no longer affected by what happens to ourselves, we cease to be significantly affected by our moods, problems, or apparent adversity. What goes on in the world around us no longer affects us.

We may sit and listen to the news, and, afterwards, get up thinking that the situation in the world is pretty bad - there are crises, disasters, crime, immorality. But we need to see that the world does not dominate us, that it does not dominate our thinking. We are in the world but not of the world. When we are released from slavery to the world - when the world no longer controls our thinking and we have been liberated by the cross in our inner attitude toward the world - then there is nothing left to hinder our praise.

We do not praise God just when things are going right in the world or with ourselves. We praise God because He is worthy to be praised. Our liberated spirits are not entangled with self-love and the love of the world.

You can find out a lot about a person when you study how much praising he does. Is he a slave to the old man, or has he entered into the resurrected life of the new man? The old man is a grumbler. When we hear a person grumbling, we know that is the old man speaking. But the new man is a praiser. Which are you? The old man says, “I can’t take this any longer,” “Things are getting too bad,” “Nobody treats me right,” “What’s wrong with the world?” The new man says, “Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! I’m free. I’m a child of God. Heaven is my home. God loves me.”

Which of these attitudes is yours?

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord. I give You praise. I proclaim that I have been liberated by the cross to give praise to God, for He is worthy to be praised. I shall continually offer up a sacrifice of praise. Amen.

This teaching was taken from audio message: Twelve Steps to a Good Year, Part 3
December 26, 2014, 05:04:29 AM
Reply #31
  • FK - Hero
http://www.derekprince.com/Groups/1000089500/DPM/Resources/Daily_Devotional/Daily_Devotional.aspx

todaysmessage
December 26 - A Costly Sacrifice
Let’s look at a verse from the book of Proverbs that points to the importance of what we say with our mouths:

Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.   (Proverbs 18:21)

Two things come from the use of the tongue: death and life. If we grumble, or if we are negative or self-centered, our tongues will bring forth death. But if we are liberated from all of that negativity and are walking in the praise and worship of God, our tongues will bring forth life. Additionally, whatever fruit our tongues bring forth, whether sweet or bitter, we are going to eat of it.

Let’s go back to our pattern verse for this week. I’d like to bring out one more important point from it. The writer said,

Through Him [Jesus] then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God.   (Hebrews 13:15 NASB)

One very significant word in this verse is “sacrifice.” Praise is a sacrifice. According to the principles of Scripture, a sacrifice requires a death. In the Old Testament sacrifices, nothing was ever offered to God that had not passed through death. So, we see that the sacrifice of praise requires a death - the death of the old man. The old man cannot praise God as He deserves to be praised. There has to be a death.

Again, we know that a sacrifice costs us something; thus, praise is costly. Let me put it this way: we need to praise God most when we least feel like it. Praise cannot depend on our feelings. It is a sacrifice of our spirits.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord. I give You praise. I proclaim that praise is a sacrifice, praise is costly, and, whether I feel like it or not, I give God praise. I shall continually offer up a sacrifice of praise. Amen.

December 27, 2014, 05:15:11 AM
Reply #32
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage
December 27 - Contagious Praise
Let’s look at the example of King David in Psalm 34. The introduction to this psalm says, “A psalm of David when he feigned madness before Abimelech [or Achish], who drove him away and he departed” (NASB). At this time in his life, David was a fugitive from his own country. King Saul was trying to kill him, so David had to leave his familiar surroundings.

He went to the court of a Gentile king for refuge, but the king suspected him of being an enemy. In order to save his own life, he had to feign madness. The historic book of 1 Samuel tells us that he scratched at the door and slobbered on his beard. (See 1 Samuel 21:10–15.) That was the situation. But what was David’s reaction?

I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make its boast in the LORD; the humble shall hear it and rejoice. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together. (Psalm 34:1–3 NASB)

Right there, in the midst of such a terrible situation, with his life hanging in the balance and the shame of having to feign madness, David praised the Lord. That is the sacrifice of praise. When he was at his lowest, David decided to go on boasting in the Lord. When there was nothing else to boast about, he decided to boast in the Lord.

Then, David went on, “O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together.” Praise is contagious. If we learn to praise God in this way, others will join in. But grumbling is contagious, too. If we grumble, we will attract fellow grumblers. We must learn to offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord. I give You praise. I proclaim that regardless of my circumstances, I give God the sacrifice of praise, boasting in the Lord. I shall continually offer up a sacrifice of praise. Amen.

December 28, 2014, 05:10:25 AM
Reply #33
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage
December 28 - Praise in the Desert
When I was serving in the British army during World War II, I was stationed in the deserts of North Africa. One negative aspect of desert living conditions is that they tend to provoke murmuring and complaining. This happened with Israel many times, and it often brought God’s judgment and disfavor upon them. I got so weary of the desert, the food, and the blaspheming British soldiers that I began to complain. When I did this, I lost the sense of God’s presence and blessing.

I decided to set aside a special day to fast and to ask God why His presence seemed to have withdrawn from me. I said, “God, why are You not near to me? Why do I have to continue this monoto-nous, wearisome life in the desert?” By evening, God had given me the answer. He spoke to me very clearly, saying, “Why have you not thanked Me? Why have you not praised Me?” As I meditated on what God said, I realized that I had lost the sense of His presence because I had become unthankful.

In due course, the Holy Spirit directed me to various passages along this line, including 1 Thessalonians 5:16–19: “Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not quench the Spirit” (NASB). Again, the implication is that if we do not rejoice always, pray without ceasing, and give thanks in everything, we are quenching the Holy Spirit! By murmuring and complaining instead of praising and giving thanks, I had quenched the Holy Spirit in my life.

God expects us to continually offer up a sacrifice of praise from our lips - not just inwardly from our hearts. We have to make our praise vocal by giving thanks to the name of the Lord!

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord. I give You praise. I proclaim that I do not quench the Spirit but rejoice always, pray without ceasing, and give thanks in everything. I shall continually offer up a sacrifice of praise. Amen.

This teaching was taken from audio message: Pages from My Life’s Book: Discipled in the Desert
December 29, 2014, 05:19:36 AM
Reply #34
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage
December 29 - The Mark of Thankfulness
As we have seen, thankfulness is a direct command of Scripture and an indispensable mark of being filled with the Holy Spirit. These facts lead to two practical conclusions that apply to each of us personally: first, an unthankful Christian is disobedient; second, an unthankful Christian is not full of the Holy Spirit.

Thanksgiving is also a requirement for entering God’s presence, as we read in Psalm 100:4–5: “Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name. For the LORD is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting, and His faithfulness to all generations” (NASB). Two essential stages in our approach to God are entering the gates with thanksgiving and entering the courts with praise.

Again, the psalmist also gave three specific reasons that we should thank God. First, “the LORD is good”; second, “His lovingkindness is everlasting”; and, third, “His faithfulness [is] to all generations.” Each of these is permanent and unchanging. God is always good; His lovingkindness is everlasting; His faithfulness is to all generations. The primary reasons for giving thanks to God never depend on our feelings or circumstances. We may feel up one day, down the next; sometimes we are encouraged, other times discouraged. But there is no reason to change our attitude of thankfulness to God.

In order to approach God on the basis of these three eternal facts, we need to change our focus. We need to look away from things that irritate, discourage, or provoke us, looking instead at the eternal things, which we see through eyes of faith. When we come to God with the right focus, we are in a position to hear from God and to receive from Him.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord. I give You praise. I proclaim that I enter Your gates with thanksgiving, and Your courts with praise, because You are good, and Your lovingkindness is everlasting. You are faithful. I shall continually offer up a sacrifice of praise. Amen.

This teaching was taken from audio message: Thanksgiving
December 30, 2014, 05:03:52 AM
Reply #35
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage
December 30 - Praise Silences the Devil
Praise is a spiritual weapon that we can use to silence the devil. There is perhaps no more important fact in the Bible than this. From the point of view of practical Christian living, God has given you a way to silence the devil’s mouth. Psalm 8:2 says, “Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have ordained strength, because of Your enemies, that You may silence the enemy and the avenger.” The psalmist, addressing God, was speaking about “enemies” in the plural and “the enemy and the avenger” in the singular. “The enemy and the avenger” is none other than the devil himself; “enemies” are the evil spirits that are Satan’s instruments against us. Because of Satan and his evil spirits, God has ordained strength that we might silence the devil.

This verse was quoted by Jesus in the gospel of Matthew. The quotation is a revelation of the full meaning of this passage. In this scene, Jesus is in the temple, healing the sick, and the children are running to and fro, crying, “Hosanna to the Son of David!” (Matthew 21:15). This upsets the religious leaders, so they say to Jesus, “Do You hear what they are saying?” Jesus then gives us this revelation: “Yes. Have you never read, ‘Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have perfected praise’?” (verse 16). Where the psalmist said, “You have ordained strength,” Jesus said, “You have perfected praise.” So, we get a simple, direct inference. The “ordained strength” of God’s people in battle is “perfected praise.” God has made it possible for us to silence the devil and all his evil spirits by perfect praise.

As “babes and infants,” if we will but praise God perfectly, out of our mouths will come forth a weapon that silences the devil. And God will be glorified.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord. I give You praise. I proclaim that by my “perfected praise,” I silence the devil and glorify God. I shall continually offer up a sacrifice of praise. Amen.

This teaching was taken from audio message: Spiritual Conflict, Vol. 4: Strategy for Conquest: Triumphant Praise
December 31, 2014, 05:13:40 AM
Reply #36
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage
December 31 - Invoking God’s Blessing
The climax of the priestly blessing that Aaron and his descendants were instructed to pronounce on the people of Israel came with these words: “So they shall put My name on the children of Israel, and I will bless them” (Numbers 6:27).

Often, the most effective prayers we can offer on behalf of oth-ers are prayers of praise and thanksgiving, invoking the name of the Lord Jesus on them. When we put the name of Jesus on those for whom we are praying, we invoke God’s blessing on them. Few of us realize how much we uplift people in their spirits when we simply praise God for them. It is a major part of our ministry as interces-sors.

“Praying Hyde” was an outstanding missionary in the Punjab in India in the last century, when India was still under British rule. Hyde’s ministry was prayer; everything else was secondary. Early on, he came across an Indian evangelist whom he considered ineffective and cold. As he began to pray about this man, he said, “Lord, You know - ” he was going to say, “ - how cold Brother So-and-so is.” But the Holy Spirit stopped him with Proverbs 30:10: “Do not slander a servant to his master” (NIV).

So, Brother Hyde changed his approach. He began to think of everything good in that man’s life and to thank God for him. Within a few months, that man became outstandingly successful as an evangelist. What changed him? Not being accused in prayer, but being the object of thanksgiving.

God has taught me that if I cannot thank Him for somebody, I probably have no right to pray for that person. I had better not pray at all because my prayer may do more harm than good. As Numbers 6:27 says, “So they shall put My name on the children of Israel, and I will bless them.”

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord. I give You praise. I proclaim that I do not “slander a servant” but instead invoke God’s blessing on him or her. I shall continually offer up a sacrifice of praise. Amen.

This teaching was taken from the book: Husbands and Fathers
January 01, 2015, 05:54:14 AM
Reply #37
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage
January 1 - Knowing the Word
I believe the Lord showed me through an insight into Scripture how we can overcome Satan. Most Christians know that we are to overcome him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony. But many tend to make it a kind of repetitive phrase: “I plead the blood…I plead the blood.” I don’t want to discount the value of that practice, but I have observed that sometimes it does not impress the devil. I think we have to apply it more purposefully.

How do we overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony? Three elements are involved: the blood, the Word of God, and our testimony. And this is how I interpret the application of Revelation 12:11: We overcome Satan when we testify personally as to what the Word says the blood of Jesus does for us.

It is very clear that if we are going to testify to what the Word says the blood does for us, we will have to know what the Word says the blood does. Over the next several weeks, we will be looking at what the Word of God says the blood of Jesus accomplishes for us.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. Because of what the Word says, I proclaim that I have overcome Satan by testifying to what the blood of Jesus has done for me. I testify to Satan personally as to what the Word says the blood of Jesus does for me. Amen.

This teaching was taken from the audio message: The Fullness of the Cross, Vol. 4: The Sevenfold Power of the Blood
January 02, 2015, 05:27:54 AM
Reply #38
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage
January 2 - Applying the Blood
In looking at this confession, we can see that we have to know what the blood of Jesus does for us. Then, we have to take it from the “blood bank” and get it into our lives. There is a parallel for this application in the Passover ceremony, which was God’s provision of deliverance and salvation for Israel. (See Exodus 12:21–27.) The father of each family had to kill a lamb (the sacrifice) and catch its blood in a basin. This act demonstrates the tremendous responsibility of fathers to be priests of their families.

The blood in the basin, however, did not protect any Israelite family; it had to be transferred from the basin to where the family lived. Only one means was provided, and that was hyssop. This plant is common in the Middle East; it grows everywhere there. So they had to pick a bunch of hyssop, dip it in the blood, and strike it on the lintel and two doorposts of their dwelling, but never on the threshold. You are never to walk over the blood.

With that done, the destroying angel could not enter the dwelling. But only those Israelites who were in their homes, safe behind the blood, were protected. That was the only place of safety in Egypt that night.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that I am protected from the adversary by applying the blood to myself and my family. I testify to Satan personally as to what the Word says the blood of Jesus does for me. Amen.

This teaching was taken from the audio message: The Fullness of the Cross, Vol. 4: How to Appropriate the Blood
January 03, 2015, 06:00:55 AM
Reply #39
  • FK - Hero

todaysmessage
January 3 - Walking in Obedience
In the Passover ceremony, the blood of lambs was collected in basins. Once the blood was transferred from the basins to the Israelites’ dwelling places, they were safe, on one condition: they had to stay inside their houses.

This truth is very important: the blood protects only the obedient. You are safe while you obey. Let’s look at 1 Peter 1:2. Peter was greeting the “pilgrims of the Dispersion [in Greek, diaspora]” (verse 1). He was specifically addressing the Jews outside the land of Israel, who were “elect [or chosen] according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ.”

Notice that obedience comes before sprinkling. The blood is not sprinkled on the disobedient. The blood does not protect those who go out of the house. It protects only those who are behind the blood or covered by it. So, bear in mind, although there is perfect protection in the blood, it is for the obedient alone.

prayerresponse
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim this day that I will walk in obedience to You. I testify to Satan personally as to what the Word says the blood of Jesus does for me. Amen.

This teaching was taken from the audio message: The Fullness of the Cross, Vol. 4: The Sevenfold Power of the Blood

[X]
Shalom! Selamat datang di Komunitas Kristen Online!

Nampaknya anda belum login. Klik disini untuk login

Belum menjadi member? Klik disini untuk DAFTAR GRATIS (cuma 1 menit)