BBC ekspos ±300.000 Bayi Korban Trafficking oleh Gereja Katolik Spanyol

[b]Bener-bener sedih baca berita ini [/b]
Siaran dokumenter BBC mengekspos kasus trafficking kurang lebih 300.000 bayi yang dilakukan oleh pihak gereja spanyol selama 50 tahun. beberapa orang ibu diberitahu bahwa anak mereka meninggal ketika atau setelah melahirkan tapi tidak diperbolehkan melihat jasad bayi tsbt atau melihat proses pemakamannya. Dokumen akta lahir direkayasa sehingga nama marga dari orangtua angkat sang bayi menjadi nama marga sang bayi tersebut Para ahli mengatakan bahwa korban trafficking meliputi 15% total proses adopsi yang berlangsung di Spanyol antara 1960-1989

300,000 babies stolen from their parents - and sold for adoption: Haunting BBC documentary exposes 50-year scandal of baby trafficking by the Catholic church in Spain

Up to 300,000 Spanish babies were stolen from their parents and sold for adoption over a period of five decades, a new investigation reveals.
The children were trafficked by a secret network of doctors, nurses, priests and nuns in a widespread practice that began during General Franco’s dictatorship and continued until the early Nineties.
Hundreds of families who had babies taken from Spanish hospitals are now battling for an official government investigation into the scandal.
Several mothers say they were told their first-born children had died during or soon after they gave birth.
But the women were told they could not see the body of the infant or attend their burial.

In reality, the babies were sold to childless couples whose financial security meant that they were seen as more appropriate parents.

Official documents were forged so the adoptive parents’ names were on the infants’ birth certificates.
In many cases it is believed they were unaware that the child they received had been stolen, as they were usually told the birth mother had given them up.
Journalist Katya Adler, who has investigated the scandal, says: ‘The situation is incredibly sad for thousands of people.
‘There are men and women across Spain whose lives have been turned upside-down by discovering the people they thought were their parents actually bought them for cash. There are also many mothers who have maintained for years that their babies did not die – and were labelled “hysterical” – but are now discovering that their child has probably been alive and brought up by somebody else all this time.’

Experts believe the cases may account for up to 15 per cent of the total adoptions that took place in Spain between 1960 and 1989.
It began as a system for taking children away from families deemed politically dangerous to the regime of General Franco, which began in 1939. The system continued after the dictator’s death in 1975 as the Catholic church continued to retain a powerful influence on public life, particularly in social services.
It was not until 1987 that the Spanish government, instead of hospitals, began to regulate adoptions.
The scandal came to light after two men, Antonio Barroso and Juan Luis Moreno, discovered they had been stolen as babies.
Mr Moreno’s ‘father’ confessed on his deathbed to having bought him as a baby from a priest in Zaragoza in northern Spain. He told his son he had been accompanied on the trip by Mr Barroso’s parents, who bought Antonio at the same time for 200,000 pesetas – a huge sum at the time.
‘That was the price of an apartment back then,’ Mr Barroso said. ‘My parents paid it in instalments over the course of ten years because they did not have enough money.’
DNA tests have proved that the couple who brought up Mr Barroso were not his biological parents and the nun who sold him has admitted to doing so.

Lengkapnya silahkan baca2 di bawah

http://global.christianpost.com/news/bbc-documentary-exposes-baby-trafficking-scandal-by-catholic-church-in-spain-58646/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/16/spain-stolen-babies-bbc-documentary_n_1014369.html

nih VIDEO beritanya
Spain + Catholic Church’s 50Year Baby Trafficking, A CPS Parallel - Lost Children of Franco Years
People & Power - Spain’s baby market

Shalom Orangbiasa,

Berita ini santernya kalo gag salah Oktober 2011 yang lalu, well, tapi masih bisalah disebut baru and panas, apalagi kalo udah berhubungan dengan institusi religius terlebih lagi Gereja Katolik, wah biasanya banyak yang curious.

Menyangkut kejadian tersebut, memang, tidak bisa dipungkiri bahwa kaum klerus, para romo, suster, bruder, dan kaum awam seperti kita semua bukanlah manusia yang sempurna, tidak memilki apa yang disebut “karisma tak dapat salah”. Selain itu, kita juga harus lebih obyektif melihat peta kondisi yang terjad saat itu di spanyol ketika masa kekuasaan fasist Jenderal Franco, maupun kedaan setelahnya.

Kebetulan saya menemukan semacam jawaban yang baik dari Katolik (bukan pernyataan official), yang ditulis oleh seorang jurnalis katolik berkebangsaan Inggris, Dr. William Oddie, yang terdapat di situs Catholic Herald
http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2011/10/19/the-spanish-case-is-shocking-but-we-cruelly-remove-children-from-‘undesirable’-families-too/
Berikut isi artikelnya:

[b]The Spanish case is shocking: but we cruelly remove children from ‘undesirable’ families too[/b]

(If we are going to adopt morally superior attitudes, we had better be sure we are actually morally superior)

There are some things I often just don’t want to write about (though I know I have to) when they come up: the most obvious one being stories to do with clerical sex abuse (particularly when I know that they are untrue or exaggerated and have to be rebutted or put into some broader context). I know that if I do write about them without just joining in the general execration, I will be accused of attempting to “make excuses” for whatever it is that has happened: that I will minimise the crime because I am a bigoted apologist for the Church, whatever priests or nuns have actually done.

So let me begin by saying that it is inexcusable if true (and I have no doubt that it is) that in Spain not only under General Franco but for many years afterwards, doctors, and nuns who were nurses, were involved in informing mothers that their newborn children had died, and that they and Catholic priests were involved in “selling” these children of Left-wing parents to “Right-wing” (i.e. non-Communist) Catholic parents. Under Franco this was done for ideological reasons: he really thought that Left-wing attitudes could be bred out of Spanish culture in this way. Today, it seems like a mad and cruel as well as a politically inept and stupid thing to have done. And of course it WAS stupid and of course it WAS mad and cruel: but it was a madness and cruelty bred from and perpetuating a madness and cruelty that Franco did not himself engender. If you know nothing of Spanish history read the following; as far as I can ascertain, this is a dispassionate and true account:
klik : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Terror_(Spain)

The Red Terror in Spain (Spanish: Terror Rojo en España) is the name given by historians to various acts committed “by sections of nearly all the leftist groups” such as the killing of tens of thousands of people (including 6,832 members of the Catholic clergy, the vast majority in the summer of 1936 in the wake of the military rising), as well as attacks on landowners, industrialists, and politicians, and the desecration and burning of monasteries and churches. A process of political polarisation had characterised the Spanish Second Republic – party divisions became increasingly embittered and questions of religious identity came to assume a major political significance.
Some estimates of the Red Terror range from 38,000 to 72,344 lives

-bersambung-

-lanjutan-

There is no doubt at all that Spain was for much of the twentieth century a deeply traumatised country. Mostly, today, it is generally assumed by the bien pensants that the trauma was caused mostly by the Franco regime: it is those who fought for the republican side, like George Orwell, who represent the historically politically virtuous. Few Catholics in this country today can be found to defend the Franco regime (and I certainly don’t intend to). But in the thirties, it was very different. When I was editor of this newspaper, I ran a regular column with extracts from the Herald from some decades before. This involved going back to the thirties and forties: and I was astonished as well as shocked to discover that the Herald firmly and consistently supported the Franco regime. But why was I so surprised? There is nothing quite so silly as to impose today’s political virtues and attitudes on the past, which is, you will remember, a foreign country: they do things differently there—and the corollary of that is that so, quite likely, would we have done. That doesn’t, I repeat, excuse it. But maybe it will make us less certain of our own superior rectitude.

In Spain, though, there is still a puzzle; and this will be a continuing trauma for the Spanish Church well into the future. For, even after Franco’s death this shocking practice continued in democratic Spain. There are real questions to be asked now: who in the Church knew that this was going on? And when did they know it? And why was nothing done, not only by the Church (did the bishops know?) but also by the government (for it appears that the authorities were not unaware of it)?

Most important of all: how could the idea of what the BBC’s Katya Adler calls “The practice of removing children from parents deemed ‘undesirable’ and placing them with ‘approved’ families” ever have become sanctioned, even in Franco’s Spain, let alone facilitated by the Catholic Church, or at least by some of its clergy and religious? Of course, such a thing could never happen here. Could it? Well, the fact is that as I wrote on Friday, something not unlike it DOES happen here. It is no better and no worse than what has happened in Spain. It is the same: the criteria of familial desirability are different, but the principle is identical: it is precisely “the practice of removing children from parents deemed ‘undesirable’ and placing them with ‘approved’ families”. Here, from the Christian Voice website (its current print edition has a lengthy report on forced adoption in this country) are just two brief paragraphs, which convey an infinity of heartbreak. They represent not an exceptional story, but a common occurrence

"Sam, 23, had her baby Angela removed from her in 2009 when Social Services concluded she was psychologically damaged and therefore unfit to be a mother. Social workers have also threatened to remove any future children Sam bears. However, independent psychologists who analysed Angela have said she is fine.
[Sam said] “I had to put her into the social worker’s car and she started screaming. I wasn’t allowed to do anything. They just made crystal-ball predictions without giving me a chance. I wanted another assessment but they refused.

There is more: but that tells the story, not just of Sam but of many other mothers too. So before you attack those in the Spanish Church who covertly (and profoundly wrongly) did what we do openly (so that none of us have any right to speak against them unless we are prepared to condemn also what happens with the open sanction of the political system we ourselves mostly support) it is best, rather, coolly to consider the roots of these abuses—their ultimate origins in human nature and in the traumas and perplexities of society and human history.

-selesai-

Bayinya dijual? Untuk uang?

Benar-benar dah Mammon musuh besar gereja…

Sebagai perbandingan, ada juga dokumentari dari ABC yang di broadcast pada Juni 2011 oleh reporter Philip Williams, 4 bulan sebelum dokumentari BBC tersebut.

Berikut artikelnya :

[b]The Pain in Spain[/b]

It began as a cruel and calculated program under Spain’s dictator Franco. Babies were taken at birth from regime opponents and given to so-called respectable families who supported the general.

But long after Spain’s civil war ended and World War 2 faded it seems that this sinister program infected practice in hospitals and maternity clinics across the country.

What started as a heartless and ruthless episode of political and social engineering metastasised into a money maker for opportunist doctors and maternity staff.

‘How could you imagine that somebody could do something like that?’ BRAULIA BANDERAS FRANCO – Mother

As this scandal erupts and spreads, Foreign Correspondent investigates a number of harrowing cases involving mothers who claim they were duped and who are now desperately searching for their adult sons and daughters, another woman who is sure the dead sister in a commemorative tomb is no such person, a guilt-stricken father who bought a son and a man who grew up American utterly unaware of his heritage and who’s arrived in Spain looking for answers and his birth mother.

‘The main roadblock is that there is no identifying information. It has just vanished. Everything has vanished. The hospital has vanished, the records have vanished, the birth records are falsified. Everything is just either falsified or it’s gone, magically just disappeared.’ RANDY RYDER – stolen & sold at birth

Europe Correspondent Philip Williams explores a landscape of broken hearts and bitterness punctuated for some with renewed hope that their children may have survived.

‘I am at the border of a miracle, I am by the doors of the mystery. It is like life is giving me a second opportunity. It was very unfair that they took my children and I know that it is very difficult to find them. Now I have a motive to continue living.’ VICEN BONO Mother

Philip takes us to one of many gatherings involving scores of parents swept up in the mystery, subjecting themselves to swabs for a DNA database and the hope that science may be able to bring them answers. The breadth and scale of the trade appears huge but it will be almost impossible to accurately define it.

‘One of the really frustrating parts of telling this story is the lack of documentary evidence. While there are nearly a thousand investigations already underway, no-one - doctors included - has been charged.’ PHILIP WILLIAMS

Transkrip percakapan selanjutnya dapat dilihat di link berikut:

http://www.abc.net.au/foreign/content/2011/s3255883.htm

perhatikan yang di bold!!!