Prayer Points for Japan
For the nuclear power plant reactors in Fukushima that have yet to be shut down or stabilized:
- Please pray for God’s intervention to solve and contain the problem.
- Please pray for the atomic energy experts to know how to proceed as safely and quickly as possible.
- Please pray for the people who have been evacuated. Please pray for their health, mental and emotional well-being, and for their time of displacement from their homes.
For the search and rescue efforts:
- Please pray for God to guide and lead the search and rescue workers, so that they would quickly find as many survivors as possible. Please pray for miracles and many testimonies to come out of this tragedy.
- Please pray for the protection, safety, and health of all the search and rescue workers. Please pray for God to renew their strength each day. (Isaiah 40:31)
- Please pray for the medical teams and other specialists who have been sent from various nations. They are working under the most difficult of circumstances.
For the disaster relief efforts:
- Please pray for the churches in Japan to be united in their efforts to help the disaster victims and survivors. Please pray that a new level of unity would arise amongst pastors, denominations, churches, congregations. (John 17:23)
- Please pray that church facilities and Christian centers in the disaster-hit regions would become safe havens, places for healing, places of hope, comfort, encouragement, and new life.
- Please pray for generous outpouring of financial and material donations from the nations of the world and from the international body of Christ. Please pray that the support from the nations would be a sign to the Japanese people of the healing of historic wounds and the healing of relations between Japan and other nations.
- Please pray for the quick delivery of water, food, toilet paper, and other necessities to reach all those in need. Please pray for the provision of enough gasoline to enable these deliveries.
- Please pray for the safety and health of the workers who are helping to distribute the supplies.
For good weather:
- Please pray for good weather. It is still winter in Japan and the disaster-hit areas may receive snow and rain which will make search and rescue more difficult.
- Please pray for moderate weather for all of us living in Japan who are either without heat, or who are on planned rolling electric blackouts with no non-electric source of heat.
For the people of Japan:
- Please pray for the peace that surpasses understanding. Please pray against all fear. Each new tremor and aftershock causes people to fear another huge disaster. (Philippians 4:7)
- Please pray that out of this tragedy, revival will come to Japan with a greater force than any earthquake or tsunami. Please pray for a fresh baptism of the Holy Spirit in Japan to be poured out over all believers. (Acts 1:8)
- Please pray that this year will be a turning point in the history of Japan. Please pray that this will be the year when the gospel will be preached to the poor in spirit in every city, town, and village. Please pray that the broken-hearted will receive ministry and that those who mourn will receive comfort. Please pray that out of the ashes, God’s people will rebuild. (Isaiah 61)
- Please pray that the family of God in Japan will arise at this time and demonstrate the Good Samaritan example by helping those in need in a generous way. (Luke 10:25-37)
- Please pray that those who come from other nations to help with disaster relief will come because the compassion of Christ has prompted them. (Colossians 3:12) Please pray that the love of God for the Japanese people will be revealed through all believers who come to help. (1 Corinthians 13; Hebrews 6:10)
- Please pray for miracles, signs, and wonders. Please pray for divine healings. Please pray for many, many, many demonstrations of the power of God. (Acts 2:22; 1 Corinthians 12:28; 2 Corinthians 12:12; Hebrews 2:4)
During your times of prayer and intercession for Japan, if God brings to your mind some specific scripture, prophetic words, visions, or images, and you would like to share them with us at YWAM Japan, please email the information to Kristyn Kuroki at [email protected].