Matthew 13:24 Jesus told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field.
(25) But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away.
(26) When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.
(27) "The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’
(28) "‘An enemy did this,’ he replied "The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’
(29) "‘No,’ he answered, 'because while you are pulling the weeds, you may root up the wheat with them.
(30) Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’"
PREACHING WITH URGENCY
Apostasy from true worship has now grown and spread. Many things tickle the ears of the people such as Evolution Theory, and a belief that God is not interested in us so why should we show interest in Him. These are so attractive to many people because they can come to a conclusion that “I can do whatever I want and will not be called to account”.
There are also other ways that people have their ears tickles. Some still go to church and like so much if their preachers tell them, ‘No matter what you do, God loves you’. Priests and pastors tickle the ears of the churchgoers by convincing them that ceremonies, masses, fiestas, and images have God’s blessings. Little to do these churchgoers realized the danger of their situation. Yet if we can awaken them spiritually so they can understand the Bible’s true message, they can benefit from God’s Kingdom.
Urgent matters make people prioritize things. When we put ministry as urgent duty, we will put ministry as first priority because spiritual lives of others are in danger. Why is it important to preach with urgency?
1 Timothy 4:16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.