Thank God for pain

Sometimes a very unexpected blessing can come out of pain - if we only look for it and see it for what it is. Thank you to Besty for this reminder!

Thank God for pain. I have thanked God for many, many blessings throughout my lifetime, but never for pain. Until now.

This particular pain began in February 2000. It was sharp, constant, on my left side, and the left side of my back. Little did I know it would be the life I would know for over two years.

I went to doctors, who did many tests and never found the true problem. Then, just a few months later, that pain would be accompanied by a high fever, nausea, vomiting two to three times a week, and would last for 3 months. More tests. Again, nothing was found, so one doctor decided it was all in my head. (I have found out that some doctors like to say that to a patient when they cannot figure out what is wrong).

Eventually, after 2 rounds of antibiotics that I had to practically beg, borrow and steal from this same skeptical doctor, I had no more pain, fever or nausea. For two more months, I would remain pain, fever and nausea free. Then it returned.

By this time, however, my husband, Dale, had developed more problems with one of his two blood diseases, eventually having to have chemotherapy (I have written for 2TheHeart about Dale’s story) in 2001. My concentration remained focused on my husband’s health, all the while, my sharp pain, occasional fever and nausea were ever present. Despite that, for the next several months, God, Dale’s doctors and I would all work together to get him successfully into remission.

Still having pain this time last year, I had made a promise to Dale once he was in remission, that I would finally go back to the doctor. This time, a new doctor, who not only believed the problems I had were real, he immediately set me up with a local gastroenterologist. A colonoscopy was done, revealing Diverticulosis (the cause of the sharp pain, nausea, fever and vomiting, as it had become infected and turned into Diverticulitis). Having the mystery of the few years of intense pain and all other symptoms cleared up was a HUGE relief. However…

I had this colonoscopy for another reason…a reason that I could not have possibly known about, nor, until the procedure was done, could the doctor have known. For there amidst the Diverticulosis, were several polyps. The doctor was very surprised to find so many of them in someone my age (I was 37 at the time of the exam last year). The doctor removed and biopsied one large polyp and burned the rest. The biopsy revealed that the polyps were PRE-CANCEROUS. A follow-up appointment with the gastroenterologist confirmed that it was quite possible that in a year…approximately now…I could have indeed had full blown colon cancer. Had I not had the pain, I would not have had the immediate need for a colonoscopy. Had I not had the colonoscopy when I did, the pre-cancer would not have been found soon enough.

God works in mysterious ways, and I truly DO thank God for pain.

mm… this is on physical pain but i want to share my experience of God’s love to me…

In my sorrow I remember God then turn back to Him, I admit it I always remember Him but only return to Him in sorrow, never share my happiness w/ Him…
Now I feel like this is a d greatest lesson for me, not to be silly by my own ego, look who really loves u d most no matter how many times u’ve been so bad, look to whom u seek for strength, patience n comfort to through it all…

Deep in me, I dislike my life, y do I have to born in such a family? y do I have parents or siblings like them? Y does this world so cruel to me n very unfair?
It’s easy for me to say ppl have their own way of life w/ my mouth but deep inside I cannot accept my life, I wanna live in wealth, I wanna live in peace, I wanna live w/ troubles in my life… I just want to take it all easy ‘til I die… but d reality of life is no pain no gain…

Is not that my parents hate me, I know they love but they just cannot express it well…
I often live my life by fantasies… rich family,smart,all perfect stuff, I guess that what makes me fall very deep when I’m in sorrow… ‘coz I don’t get them in my real life then I finish my days by cursing my life…
Every time I get in troubles I also blame d situation n condition of my life, I never really grateful for every little thing God has given me… instead of thanking God n praise Him, I always demand more n more w/o realizing that I’m crushing my self by listening to carnal desire…

God has given me a very precious friend to look after me, get rid of my loneliness, learn to be mature, firm in making decision n think of every risk I have to face in every decision I made… a very precious one who look after me very well, even none of ppl in my real life can treat me as good as he did… ( he lives in another country, we met in cyber world)
But look what I’ve done, I wasted him, I disappointed him, I made him angry… and now he left me…
After he’s gone I just realized how much I need him, I’m missing him so bad… I should’ve kept our friendship, I should’ve kept d very precious friend God had sent to me

Now I’m so hurt inside and I have no friend I can trust to share anymore… I can’t stop regretting for what I’ve done, can’t stop crying for missing him so bad…

Again I turn to God to ask for His mercy n strength for me to through my sorrow… I also ask His help to recover my relations w/ my friend…
I can’t take it anymore, this world drives me in insanity, no peace, no hope, only pain n despair I got from this world…
I wish I could love God more than I love ppl in this world, sure I won’t be in such a pain, I can deal w/ all sorrow w/ smile for I know He will never let me go alone…

Now I’m putting my life to Him, I count on Him in every little thing I say n do in my daily life, I don’t want to hurt anyone anymore, I wanna change, I wanna be a better person everyday, I wanna join in a ministry to serve God for He has been very good to me, I wanna love Him as much as He loves me…
Slowly but sure I know He’s healing my pain for losing my precious one…
Because of Him I’m still able to face tomorrow w/ smile, every time I thank for His grace though i’m still holding my pain but I can feel a bit of strength, hope n peace to help me through my day well…
Thanks so much Lord, for always being there for me, I will be there for You also form now on

thanks for sharing R1T33, people who call on God in true faith, earnestly from the heart, will certainly be heard, and will receive what they have asked and desired :slight_smile:

God is Good…^^

always say thanks to GOD for all things and everything … :slight_smile: